Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 8/31. See all protection plans.

• 

4 Messages

Mon, Jul 6, 2020 4:28 PM

Unable to register for Military discount

I just switched to ATT from Verizon. In the store i asked about military discount, I am retired army. The guy said sure and i showed him my IDs. I know find out that he was unable to do it. It was an authorized retailer and not a corporate store. I have tried uploading on the website, two different browsers, cleared cache, etc. Its always says .... "Oops! Something went wrong.Try again in a bit, or bring your ID to an AT&T store near you."

I tried on my cell phone ATT app and phone browser. same thing. I have tried resizing photo. same thing. I have spent over 2 hours on the phone with an ATT rep and they said website, fax or corporate store is the only way, keep trying. I have tried numerous chats on the att webchat. same answer. The closest ATT corporate store is 2 hours away. Now I have tried the fax option but it is not accepted since I do not have a US Army FAN code. I have never been asked for nor have any idea what a fan code is. I have a VA ID, an army retiree ID, a state drivers license that says veteran on it, disabled veteran tags, lifetime disabled veteran hunting and fish license, and a DD214 lol. No FAN code though.  I am retired army, disabled veteran and have no idea what the problem is with this, nor why it is so hard to do. I have had cell phones since their invention, have lived all over the country and never had this problem with any other carrier.    any answer would be surely appreciated

Responses

Accepted Solution

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

40.2K Messages

a month ago

The FAN code is the actual military discount code that is added to your account. There is a different code for each branch of service. The Army FAN is 4085530. Unfortunately, if the online or fax options don’t work, the only alternative is to present your credentials at a corporate store.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

4 Messages

Thank you kind sir. Just set up for paperless billing and auto draft. Cant wait for that battle when that discount doesn't show up either lol

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

40.2K Messages

You should be able to verify online. Once the FAN code is applied to your account, you should see something like “US Army member” on your account profile. Once you see that, the discount will be on the next bill.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

4 Messages

thanks

• 

4 Messages

update  tried for two days multiple times to fax it in. no one answers the phone, it just rings. and it was to the fax number they sent me with the form. I went back today to the store i bought the phone and service from, the authorized retailer, today to get them to fax it to the store that is a corporate for me. come to find out they can add the military discount, the manager did it right there in 5 minutes. and all this trouble was for nothing. thanks for the help

Get started...

Ask a new question