Need help understanding your bill?
C

• 

4 Messages

Monday, May 11th, 2020 11:27 PM

Trying to understand if data speed overage this month will result in lower speeds for rest of billing period

Hi, we have ATT for our wireless and home internet. Our Uverse router died this weekend and customer service had another shipped to us today which should arrive by mid-week. In the meantime, in order to continue to work from home and stay connected, I'm having to use my phone as a hotspot. I received a text saying that i'm approaching my data limit and that if I exceed it my speed will be lower until the end of my billing period. I understand that ATT is waiving fees for data and voice overages through the 13th but can't seem to find anything to let me know if they are also allowing customers to continue to use their full data speed even if they go over during the current billing period.

I'm not having much success getting through the automated chat system right now with anything more than canned answers that don't seem to answer my question. I hope to be back on my home network soon but also don't want to be in a situation where my data speed is choked down to something unworkable right now.

Thanks!

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

4 years ago

Without knowing the name of your plan I cannot give you an educated answer on that. Please check your bill and post the exact name of your plan

• 

4 Messages

We have Mobile Share Advantage 12GB -- is that the plan name?

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

Yes it's a plan name.
AT&T was giving out 15 gig bonuses. When that and your regular data are gone, your data will slow to a crawl.
Not the answer you want.
Did you get a text on the 15 gigs?

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

4 Messages

Hmm, I didn't...oh well, hopefully the equipment will get here tomorrow and I can stop gulping data like it's going out of style. Thanks for your help!

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

Call AT&T about the 15 gig bonus

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.