Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

• 

4 Messages

Mon, Jan 20, 2020 10:12 PM

Troubling experience trying to order service online and with customer care

Never seen anything like this. I ordered 4 new lines of service today, 2 iphone XRs, and 2 BYOP sim cards.
I chose the option to pick up locally.
When I went thru credit check and all other steps, I noticed it had slyly changed my order to express shipping.
I hit the chat button, and Alex(yeah, right...) told me to go ahead and complete the order as it was, and he would change it at the end to local pickup. He explained that if I canceled the order at that point, att would double hit my credit.
I have chat transcripts of all of this story, by the way.
I completed the order, and he then proceeded to give me a phone number to online order department, and said they would change it to local pickup. So, lie number 1 for old Alex.
I called the number within seconds of completing my order. They said there was nothing they could do.
I have spent nearly 5 hours on hold, being transferred, and speaking to various customer service liars today, who speak barely passable English.
Without fail, every single one of them have either tried to get me to cancel and restart the order with them, or just flat out lied to me.
The last word I got was from supervisor, "Rosemary" . She said my order was not in the system. After five hours of speaking to various people about my order, she tells me she can't find it.
It's funny, because you found the money in my bank account.
Somebody needs to make this right.
Right now.

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

72.4K Messages

3 months ago

This is not AT&T, it is a customer populated forum. You will not get contacts from AT&T by posting here

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

“Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part” 🆘 Dont expect normal any time soon.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

4 Messages

I'm not sure how this is helpful...
mobilemax

Employee

• 

796 Messages

3 months ago

Hello,

It’s not a simple thing to change a online shopping order into a store pickup, so that might not have been accurately stated. The order generally needs to be cancelled and reprocessed through Att.com to have an in store pick up option (if selected devices are in stock at time of order), otherwise over the phone or shipping is 2-3 day shipping or select markets with Enjoi delivery orders.

To save time, I’d go directly to he nearest corporate store and sign up. The representatives are well trained and that’s their primary job to help you in joining AT&T and helping with service locally. The idea of online setup can seem quicker, but on occasion scenarios like yours come up and the store can resolve it much easier to get you going.

You can see your order at www.att.com/orderstatus if you have your order number to see what’s happening.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

• 

4 Messages

So, should I cancel this order and go to a corporate store at this point?

(edited)

mobilemax

Employee

• 

796 Messages

@mobilemax I think you’d have a much better experience and, depending on stock, could leave with your plan and devices same day.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

• 

4 Messages

I ended up canceling and going to a local store to set up service.

During my searches here, a common theme comes up: someone will post looking for insight, then the thread vultures show up to sarcastically inform them they will get no help from ATT here.

Well, that’s a solid lie. A helpful att employee did read my post, and directed me on what should be done.

Just an observation. I guess if you don’t have real things in life to do, by all means, stay on here and spout acidic replies at new arrivals. That’ll help the place grow, for sure.

• 

4 Messages

I think she was just trying to let you know this is not an official AT&T forum and might not get a company backed response.

I am new too, and just about all the threads I have read are people demanding action, refunds, or hand written letters of apology now or they will contact POTUS/BBB/Senators/Congressmen/King Leonidas etc. and get AT&T banned from Earth.

I think most people come here thinking it is an actual AT&T moderated site.

AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…