Pre-order the New Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 & Galaxy Z Fold4 and, for a limited time, get twice the storage and a free case!
Help for account, billing & more
catnap7777's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Mon, Nov 16, 2015 9:28 PM

Transferring money from old go phone to new go phone

In April 2015 I purchased a new Windows Go Phone for my 12 year old from my local AT&T store with the assurance that our $ balance would be transferred from the old phone to the new phone (new phone number).  Recently my son attempted to use his phone and saw an "SIM invalid" message.  We went back to the store and they told us that they didn't think it was the SIM but something with the account itself and to call AT&T when we got home.  I called AT&T Go Phone support later that day and got the automated system asking for the phone number we were calling about.  I entered that and the phone system hung up on me!  I called back a few times and tried everything I could think of to try to get to an actual human to ask about my account. Nothing! All hangups - "thank you for calling AT&T, goodbye".  I also tried to log in online for Go Phone support and it says there is no account associated with the number.  ???  So, my questions are as follows:

1.  Can $ balances from a previous Go Phone account be transferred to a new account (new phone number) when "upgrading" to a new phone?

2.  Does anyone have an idea as to why the phone number is no longer valid (supposedly)?

3.  How does one actually talk to a human for Go Phone support when the stupid automated system hangs up when it thinks a phone number is invalid?  Who wrote the code for such a dumb system??? WTG! It just makes customers really angry 😞

4.  What should I do now besides chuck the phone out the window doing 70 mph on the freeway?  

I'm going to try going back to the store again but I'm thinking they're just going to run me back around into a circle again and tell me to call support.  Any help or ideas that anyone can offer would be great!  Thanks!

ACE - Sage

• 

98.7K Messages

7年前

A GoPhone account needs to be active and paid up within 60 days or the number is lost and account deactivated. 

If if your son rarely uses the phone you might look into the $2 a day plan (please look at his past use)

There is nothing wrong with the phone.  But you need a new sim and new phone number if it has been more than 60 days.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7年前

It may or may not have been 60 days.  We did not receive any type of notification that there was a problem.  Billing was supposed to be automatic and should have been paid.  I can't even figure out how to look up our account to see what happened because the phone number is apparently invalid. There was a significant dollar amount attached to this account. Getting a new phone number isn't that big a deal if I need to do it but the money is another story.  I want it transfered or a refund. Who can I call to get the history and balance on my account? How can I find this information out and get it "fixed"?    

ACE - Sage

• 

98.7K Messages

7年前

If an ATT store is a long trip, try calling, but I suspect you will have to trek out to get a new SIM card.  

As for what happened....no clue.  

Let us know how it is resolved....

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.