Transfer Billing Responsibility - A Guide by the AT&T Community Team
Changing the name on your account is easy can be done online. It’s a fast process that allows you to transfer billing responsibility.
How it works
- The account holder request to transfer billing responsibility
- The person who is taking over the account/ billing responsibility will receive an email to complete the process
- The transfer can be started by the person who is requesting account responsibility
- The account holder must sign in to the account and begin the process.
- An email is sent to the new tentative account owner
- Information (email & account number) from the transfer notice will need to be submitted via the transfer portal.
Things to know
- If you accept this transfer, you're responsible for all financial and contractual obligations for the number(s) you accept. This includes, but isn't limited to, all service contacts for the wireless number(s).
- Offers for the numbers you select may not transfer.
- The account owner should have talked to you about this transfer.
- You're responsible for any unpaid accessory installment plan charges for all transferred numbers.
- During the transfer process, you'll view and confirm each device and the wireless number being transferred. You can then keep, transfer, or create a plan for the selected number(s).
- Before you begin, make sure you have the IMEI, ICCID / SIM, and wireless number for each device you plan to transfer. You'll also need the email address from the transfer.
- If you open a new account for this transfer, we'll perform a credit check.
ChrisZ, AT&T Community Specialist
Need help with an account specific question? Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button.
For additional support, please visit us at our AT&T services hub.