Need help understanding your bill?

AT&T related help: Welcome back

KeonaWireless's profile

1 Message

Monday, March 4th, 2024 3:27 PM

Trade-In Not Honored; Beware of in-store Scam - How to get credit applied?

I am writing to express my frustration with a recent experience at an AT&T store and the subsequent billing issues I've encountered. Approximately 10 months ago, I visited an AT&T store to take advantage of a promotion and upgrade my phone. I traded in my fully paid-off iPhone 13 to purchase an iPhone 14, expecting the trade-in credits to be applied to my account. Additionally, I decided to purchase three accessories as part of a "Buy 2, Get 1 Free" offer. Unfortunately, my in-store experience was far from satisfactory. I spent over three hours in the store due to technical difficulties the associate had with transferring my phone files. To make matters worse, the phone case I selected as part of the promotion was not compatible with the iPhone 14. Frustrated, I decided to return all accessories (headphones, phone case, and wireless charger) and left the store with only the iPhone 14. In the following months, I noticed that my bill was unusually high. Upon contacting AT&T, I discovered that I was being charged in installments for the accessories I had returned. I went traveled back to the store and inquired about these charges and was told to contact customer loyalty because the associate had been fired from the company for theft!! Although I was eventually able to get the accessory charges removed, I decided to take a further look found out that I was being billed the full price of the iPhone 14 in installments, despite my trade-in. I had a perfect iphone 13, no scratches, and it was paid off! I have made several attempts to resolve this issue by contacting the store manager and even the district manager, but my efforts have been met with delays and avoidance. It is particularly unsettling to me that the district manager is so dismissive after acknowledging that the store manager informed  me the associate who assisted me was terminated for theft, which adds to my concern about the handling of my trade-in and account. As a loyal AT&T customer for both wireless and home WiFi services, this situation is extremely disappointing and is making me reconsider my relationship with AT&T. I kindly request urgent assistance to rectify these billing errors and ensure that the trade-in credits for my iPhone 13 are properly applied to my account. Has anyone had this problem with their account? ATT Associates - Please contact me at your earliest convenience to resolve this matter. Please, I really would like this to be resolved after months of trying to no avail.

Former Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

2 months ago

This is a customer based forum. Not a way to reach AT&T. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117K Messages

1 month ago

If you do a trade-in at a physical store, they give you a receipt which shows your phone number on the receipt, as well as the information on the phone you're trading in as proof that it is eligible for the promotion. It would have said right on the receipt how much the promotion was at the time of your trade-in.

(Always get a receipt)

If you do not have that receipt, There is no proof of trade-in. 

given the salesperson was fired, they might have taken your phone along with whatever other theft they committed

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.