Need help understanding your bill?
hectorb21's profile

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

Friday, September 4th, 2020 10:31 PM

Closed

System incorrectly claims my tradein is damaged

So, I failed to check the forums before I decided to take advantage of AT&T's current Samsung Galaxy Note20 promotion on new lines or upgrades.

I was supposed to receive $1,000 in trade-in credits at $30 per month per 30 months as long as my phone had a value of at least $60.
Well, today I checked the status of my trade-in and the system shows a trade-in value of $0.00 because my phone according to AT&T had a screen blemish and/or burn-in.&n(Edited per community guidelines)p; THIS IS TOTALY A LIE!!!!!!
My phone was in flawless condition before I sent it in. I even included the case just as an extra precaution.

This is total (Edited per community guidelines). Because without the $1,000 credit there is NO WAY I would have purchase this phone especially now during the pandemic. I'm actually going file a complaint with the BBB. I've been an AT&T customer for over 20 years and this is how they treat me?

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I am having the same problem, I upgraded 2 Note 20 Ultra's and sent in 1 Galaxy S8+ in perfect condition and an Pixel 2 xl in very good condition nothing wrong with either of them both phone had screens unbroken and were working fine. After giving the phones to the USPS on a Saturday, I tracked them on Monday and found they had already been delivered that morning! Then nothing happed for about 2 to 3 weeks, then I check the status to find out the Pixel has been adjusted to $10.80 because the screen wont come on....Then I check the S8+ and just guess what it says..."Screen is not working - Screen is cracked/damaged" adjusted value $35..... Now I out $2000 bucks....I have called and called every different dept. and numbers I can find and have been to told there is nothing that can be done. I'm out luck! I am going to file a BBB complaint and I have started writing the demand Letter that I must send to AT&T before I file the small claims complaint against them.. 

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I had the exact same thing happen. And like you, I would have NEVER purchased the phone without the promotion! I got a $35 card In the mail to use on AT&T accessories for the "value" of my trade in. I sent in an S8+ in great condition with no cracks and working just fine. The notes show it had a cracked screen and the screen wouldn't work. I have spent HOURS on the phone and they act like they have never heard of this promotion! They try to refer me to the trade-in dept. They tell me the trade in dept tier 2 has to help and they only communicate through email. I have not received any communication from them. I have also been with AT&T since 2001. They obviously do not value their patrons!

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

When you hear the words Tier 2.... it translates into something we cant post here...and basically means you are wasting your time....Try searching on a company by the name of HYLA Inc. or HYLA mobile then you will see what this is all about, be sure to check out their explanation of their automated inspection system.....don't know which side of this to blame....ATT or HYLA... It could be something more.....search the BBB for HYLA Mobile in TN and see what others have said...This seems to be a bait and switch where they tell you your phone is worth just enough to qualify for the trade-in credits then when you send it in.....they tell you that it does not qualify with any kind of reason then come up with and you cant do anything about it...Your stuck paying the full price....

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

They're trying to do the same thing to my wife and she's been fighting with them the past 3 months. They sent her a gift card for $77 which she promptly filed with the rest of their (Edited per community guidelines) just in case this scenario happened. I'm contacting the FCC, BBB and AT&T corporate as well as some (Edited per community guidelines) Attorneys so stay tuned.

(edited)

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I too am facing this same SCAM! I am very frustrated.  I have spent literally hours on the phone with AT&T,  I've been told four times now that everything has been taken care of and we are so sorry.   Only to find out lies ALL lies. Yes we got a credit once an error according to the last person I spoke with.  I could drop names, however; I do not feel that is proper. Yet, names will be dropped in my BBB complaint.   First,  I upgraded both of my lines ONLY because I was told the new phones would be free!  My one phone came right away, the other had to be ordered so it took  almost a month to arrive  I got an email about the trade in and then the return flimsy envelope to return my Note 8 in perfect condition!  My second phone arrived and no email no return phone package, Hence the beginning of this nightmare that has cost me several precious hours on the phone, undue stresses over what to do now, I was told everything was fine.  During this phone call I was informed my first phone was reported to have came in with a cracked screen!  NO, it was in perfect condition and have pics.  I am then told again everything is going through perfect and my envelope is on its way..  I finally get a return package.  I take a video and still pics of my phone.  I put it in the flimsy envelope and then in a box with packing, then tape it up and send it out.  I put it in the mail box, it gets picked up. I get mail and what is in there! A BIG O SLAP IN MY FACE!  A $35 card from trade in department,  so another several hour phone call, with many transfers.   I discuss the fac that now AT&T has both of my phones in mint condition, what am I supposed to do NOW?  I am told, again everything is fine he's going to fix it.  This is where the credit happens.  Then bill comes and nothing showing I call again.  Go through everything again and told oh yes he did what he said but he filed it wrong I am going to redo it, how would you loles contacted when its fixed?  I said phone call.  I got a text, seriously just said its fixed,  ok how...  I wait get new bill NO CREDITS! I look up on att.com/tradein  for what they gave me for second phone says the very same thing as my first one. Broken damaged acree and a $35 value! SOMEONE is being dishonest and it is NOT me! I did not have hours to spend on the phone today after I made this discovery,  so I will be filing a complaint tomorrow with the BBB and calling AT&T again! This is very sickening!   A complete SCAM and taking advantage of many I see.  I have every name,  every conversation,  every te I was transferred and pictures and video proof. So sickening. I would have NEVER upgraded during a pandemic if it wasn't free! 

Teacher

• 

33 Messages

3 years ago

I have the same issue with the NOTE 20 ULTRA trade in SCAM.  I traded in a MINT Samsung Galaxy S8 and they said it was damaged.  It's a complete bait and switch to get you locked in for 30 months.  If I don't get the credits, I will file in small claims and already filed in BBB.

Customer service is worthless also.  Nothing they can do, gave me special number to call and they cannot do anything.  Transfer me to trade in department and they don't answer phones. 

CLASS ACTION anyone?

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

3 years ago

@Briggsl @doubledown88 

Once you've filed a complaint with the BBB, stop doing anything else. The BBB forwards your complaint to the Office of the President at AT&T and they will contact you. Doing anything else will just make you frustrated. 

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

This just happened to me as well, and I am livid! I sent in my Google Pixel phone in EXCELLENT condition, fully expecting to receive the $1,000 credit. It met all of the qualifications outlined. AT&T sent me a $45 credit!!!! What a slap in the face! The only reason I switched to AT&T is because the promo was such a good deal. Otherwise, I was happy to continue using my other phone and service with Google Fi. My phone was working perfectly when I sent it in, and AT&T is trying to say the screen was broken and didn't meet the qualifications. I've tried to call AT&T a few times and haven't gotten anywhere with them. I will be reporting them to the BBB as well and sharing my experience with others so they know NOT to fall for this scam.

(edited)

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Update on my situation.  Last week I filed a complaint with the BBB explaining my case.  Well today I got a call from a very nice woman in the office of the president of ATT.  She was very supportive and genuinely interested in my case.  She said that they were going to address the issue with the improper shipping material to better protect our trade in phones.  Then she said she would place the credit of $800 on my AT&T account. Within minutes after ending our conversation, I have the credit.  This is impressive! My recommendation is to keep it professional and use the proper tools.  Complain to the BBB but just state your case, don’t get nasty because that won’t get you anywhere.  Give them a chance to make it right.  I was very surprised how quickly and with so little effort my situation was addressed.  I hope that this genuine care for the customer can spread throughout the entire AT&T organization, and not just the Office of the President.  I am willing to give AT&T another chance.

(edited)

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

@jds737, I am going through the same issue now. https://forums.att.com/conversations/wireless-account/escalation-needed-for-att-tradein-program/5fce6d66990dc97e9ddf2333

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.