Pre-order the New Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 & Galaxy Z Fold4 and, for a limited time, get twice the storage and a free case!
Help for account, billing & more
J

• 

2 Messages

Tue, Jan 5, 2021 4:03 PM

TRADE-IN ISSUES UNABLE TO GET MY PROMO CREDITS

I have upgraded my 2 phones with the August 2020 promotion for the Galaxy Note 20($1000 bill credit) if I trade in my old phones. I have returned my 2 old phones using the return package that came in with the New phones instead of using the trade-in return package. My old phones have been delivered to AT&T, but the trade in dept can't find my old phones I have sent. I have been calling since August, escalated this already, received emails that I would get an answer and today is 1/4/2021 and still haven't received anything! Today I called the trade in Dept and when I asked to talk to a supervisor they hung up on me, twice. I am very frustrated with this and very disappointed with your customer service! I have been with AT&T for a while and being a loyal customer I deserve better service. Please, let me know what else to do.

ACE - Sage

• 

98.5K Messages

2年前

. I have returned my 2 old phones using the return package that came in with the New phones instead of using the trade-in return package. My old phones have been delivered to AT&T, but the trade in dept can't find my old phones I have sent. 

Of course they can't find your phones. You sent your old phones back to AT&T to the new phones return.   Your phones were supposed to go to the third-party recycler which is in a completely different location and is not AT&T.

When you spoke to AT&T did you explain to them that you mailed your phone back to them rather than to the trade-in recycler?

• 

2 Messages

2年前

I have explained that several times. I know I sent it to the wrong location, but they should be able to find them. They escalated the issue more than 30 days ago and nothing. They have my phones and I wonder what else I have to do. I am so frustrated.

ACE - Sage

• 

98.5K Messages

2年前

Try a BBB complaint. You can file online. 

• 

1 Message

2分前

I recently am having the same issue.  I purchased 5 phones at BJ's and received the $800 credit for 3 phones but not 2 of them.  They are saying that the find my phone activation was not turned off so the phones did not qualify.  I have spent hours and hours trying to get this resolved with people that cannot speak english.  I am very frustrated.  They say the phones are in their warehouse and they do not have access to them.  I am trying to get them unlocked but even then I am not sure they will issue the credit of $1600 they promissed.  I have always been with Sprint.  This is my first experience with ATT and will be my last

ACE - Sage

• 

98.5K Messages

2分前

@dclarke742

Phones processed through the trade in do not go to AT&T and they don't go to BJ's Wholesale Club (which is not a t and t, but Smart Circle which is an authorized retailer).

Phones traded in go to a third-party recycler, HYLA mobile.   If the phones are blacklisted, or find my iPhone is not turned off the phone's have no value and no credit is given.   They also do not have the means to charge phones which don't boot, or connect phones to a network in order to complete an incomplete factory reset to remove user locks. 

Therefore remote erasing after the fact will not work.    It very unfortunate, but you will not get credit for those phones as they are worthless. 

Sorry, it's not what anyone wants to hear and it's very disappointing 

Whenever you are doing business with any entity, there are no promises. There are contracts and Deals which both parties have responsibilities to complete their part in order for the deal to progress as written. Unfortunately, and I'm sure entirely accidental, some of your phones were not factory reset to remove find my iPhone which is required for this particular trade in phone deal.  

(edited)

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.