Pre-order the New Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 & Galaxy Z Fold4 and, for a limited time, get twice the storage and a free case!
Help for account, billing & more
Zorbathegreek2's profile

Contributor

• 

9 Messages

Sat, Jan 9, 2021 12:07 PM

trade in ripoff

traded my iphone 8plus for a iphone 12 pro in early november waited till mid december to receive the 12 pro. then a couple weeks before the trade in mail return kit came so did everything by the instructions and i did the check on it and tracking said it was delivered to individual at address.  so sent in a question to the trade on site and get back messages saying thanks for recycling your phone with us.  NOT!!!!!!!!!! the phone was perfect and wouldn’t have traded it in if it wasn’t a good deal for getting a almost free upgrade with a trade in   hope this isn’t going to be a   sorry nothing we can do thing. Getting ready to have a melt down 🤬

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

58.7K Messages

2年前

What are you confused about? That message means nothing. As long as your trade in was valued at least at $95, you will get the promised $700 or $800 in credits. Those credits take up to 3 bill cycles to show up after submitting the trade in. No reason to have a melt down unless the credits never start.

Former Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

2年前

Huh? That is what happens when you trade in your device. It is sent to a 3rd party to be recycled. 

Contributor

• 

9 Messages

2年前

yeah huh....i’m confused too. no need for sarcasm

(edited)

Contributor

• 

9 Messages

2年前

whatever they want to do recycle or use it for a paper weight the point of this was they didn’t say it was in progress of being evaluated. It was like i gave it as a donation. 

Contributor

• 

9 Messages

2年前

ok if it means nothing that’s reassuring that it’s not to worry. Thanks           The others having issues on this forum that i had read i thought i was having issues with the trade. i will wait longer and see how it goes.  i’ve been ripped before so maybe i’m not a patient person with the dishonesty i’ve seen 

• 

2 Messages

10分前

My trade in value has not been applied, I have made 9 payments for the full price of the phone. That is 6 more billing cycles than what I got told. Since March 2021 I get told that my problem is resolved and will show on the next monthly bill. I just received my 10th bill for the full price of the phone. 

• 

4 Messages

9分前

I have never recieved my $800 in credits either they said it was resolved 3 times now and It has been a year a bunch of crap

• 

5 Messages

1分前

Don’t do it!!

We did the trade-in around Christmas for our family of 4. As of today, a third phone has mysteriously been “disqualified”. I’ve called, appealed to the Office of the President”, had them reinstated, but the (Edited per community guidelines) never stops. The exact same message “burnt in screen” appeared on every single phone. They were in great shape, and we would have been much better selling them ourselves. But we trusted AT&T, and that was our mistake. 

We are disgusted by this reprehensible treatment. We have been loyal customers for over 20 years, participated in previous trade-in, and NEVER treated like this. Your system is broken. 

Text message informing us that AT&T is breaking another agreement:

“AT&T FREE MSG: We have determined that your Trade-in device didn't meet the eligibility requirements for the promotion. We applied a one-time credit to your account for the market value of your trade, and your monthly promo credits will be discontinued starting with your next bill. For more info call 800.331.0500”

(edited)

• 

3 Messages

1分前

This is exactly what happened to me.  I've been on the phone for days about it and each time they give a new answer:  you didn't turn off "find my iphone"  then, you don't have unlimited... always something but then they say it was resolved and they give you a one time discount and then nothing.  And there is no where to go to get it resolved!

• 

2 Messages

1分前

I submitted a claim to the Better Business Bureau and AT&T fixed my problem within a week. 

• 

5 Messages

1分前

Thanks, I submitted a claim as well, AT&T corrected the problem, but has systematically voided the agreements, one at a time. I’ll file another one, but needless to say, my trust has been worn very thin.

• 

3 Messages

1分前

I filed with the BBB and FCC.  Thanks!

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.