For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
soyanarchisto's profile

• 

7 Messages

Wednesday, February 1st, 2023 7:46 PM

Trade In Rebate Not Credited

I transferred to AT&T from Verizon due to service issues and when I initiated the account in August, I was told that if I send in my iPhone XR I would get a credit of $700.  I even have the email confirming this was the plan I signed up for.  The rep I dealt with over the phone provided no instruction on how to send in the phone and I expected to receive some notification. 

When my first bill arrived and the credit had not been applied, I contacted customer service to determine what needed to be done.  She told me they would send me a shipping label.  No further contact.

When the next bill arrived, I again contacted customer service and this time while I was on the phone with them I received the shipping label.  I boxed up the phone and sent it in.  I received confirmation that it was received.

The next bill arrived and I was credited $100 for my phone trade in.  I contacted customer service again and was promised I would be receiving the remaining $600.  I have not.  Now customer service tells me they can do nothing further.

I agreed to $700 for my trade-in, not $100.  I have that in writing.  AT&T is in breach of this contract and refuse to credit my account the remaining $600 and alternatively, refuse to return my phone.  I never would have agreed to accept a mere $100 for the XR and instead would have kept it as a backup.

How do we resolve this situation?

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

1 year ago

The DM icon is a speech balloon that should be to the left of the bell in the header.  It only appears after your first DM.  If you have a new DM entry, there should be a red dot on it.

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

So I sat in an online chat, provided proof of the promised trade-in credit and then sat waiting for a response for 30 minutes before leaving.  No resolution.

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

I want to thank @JefferMC for his advice on lodging complaints with the FCC and BBB.&n(Edited per community guidelines)p; I did so with both entities and just a few moments ago got a phone call from AT&T (someone in the US and not their call center in India) who is resolving the issue and crediting my account.&n(Edited per community guidelines)p; It is supposed to show up in my account by Monday at the latest.&n(Edited per community guidelines)p; I will report back to confirm when this happens.&n(Edited per community guidelines)p;&n(Edited per community guidelines)p;

Why I had to go through all this (Edited per community guidelines) to get AT&T to live up to the terms of the contract is a mystery to me but I suspect it has something to do with offshoring their customer service.

Thanks to all for your suggestions and support.

(edited)

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.