Pre-order the New Samsung Galaxy Z Flip4 & Galaxy Z Fold4 and, for a limited time, get twice the storage and a free case!
Help for account, billing & more
BringBackMaBell's profile

• 

1 Message

Mon, May 2, 2022 8:26 PM

Trade in Logistics

I have seen many recent posts on this topic.  I want to trade in my iPhone X (perfect condition) for an iPhone 13 PRO.  I tested the check out process.  I selected my current phone for trade in.  I received a popup box with the $700  trade in value (potential - once they receive and exam it - which makes me nervous with the outsourcing to Hyla). Took screen shots. In the check out process it asked if I wanted to receive my trade in packaging with my new iPhone.  I have also seen postings here that people unknowingly returned their trade in in packaging meant for buyers remorse. If I ask for trade in  packaging - how am I assured I have received the correct trade in packaging components and address?  I have also a question on the preparation of my trade in.  I found this document: (https://forums.att.com/conversations/other-phones-devices/att-tradein-tips-to-return-your-old-device/5f4fc125917fbb6f425c7f53?page=1

My understanding is:

• Back up all data etc to the cloud (This was not in the link above but makes sense)
  • Reset the phone to remove all of your data, text, and pictures, and passwords
  • Remove the SIM card (How do you do this on an iPhone 10- or is it not relevant for that model?)
  • Take pictures of your device, front to back
  • Take a picture of the tracking number
  • Return the device within the offer window. Not returning your device voids the AT&T Trade-In Offer.

I have also seem comment about the return of the phone to Hyla and the phone being "locked" , and I think I read this is related to having the Find My Phone Feature still enabled. Is that correct - what are the proper steps to be taken for this - or correct steps to be sure my phone is not locked ( or any other issue they might find with the trade in)

I also want to upgrade my son's iPhone XR to a iPhone 13 Pro Max and get the monthly credit only installment plan (effective after month 3 - provided my trade in is properly valued at the $700, received by Hyla, not locked......and what else??)

I am very nervous, and would appreciate any supportive actions so I "do this right". 

Thanks in advance. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

98.5K Messages

3分前

• Reset the phone to remove all of your data, text, and pictures, and passwords

Google " how to factory reset your iPhone before you spell, give it away, or trade it in" 

• Remove the SIM card(How do you do this on an iPhone 10- or is it not relevant for that model?)

Again Google or YouTube.  It's a simple process with a straightened Paperclip

• Take pictures of your device, front to back

Yes, and if it all possible do your trade-in at a corporate store, where they will give you a receipt after they have inspected your phone. 

or correct steps to be sure my phone is not locked ( or any other issue they might find with the trade in)

Locked?  If you mean iCloud locked, this is taken care of when you factory reset your phone, as in the instructions above.

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.