Need help understanding your bill?
DavidZ92's profile

• 

8 Messages

Thursday, March 30th, 2023 8:20 PM

Trade at the Apple Store, AT&T won't honor

I traded in a phone at the Apple store a year ago. I did the trade-in option with AT&T. In my receipt, from the apple store, it clearly states "AT&T trade-in offer confirmed. Your total trade-in credit includes $1000.00 from AT&T in bill credits that will begin to be applied to your AT&T bill within three billing cycles".

A year later, AT&T says they don't have record of the trade-in, they say the Apple receipt does not mean anything.  I reached out to Apple and they say everything looks in order on their side. 

In my conversations with AT&T:

- I have been told to ask Apple for a tracking number. (Which Apple won't do)

- Many representatives have not been helpful. They have accused me of making this up and trying a scam.

- They have offered me $500 

- They have told me they will investigate and never got back to me

- Hang up after hours on the phone and on hold.

- Transfer me from one department to another

Who can help me? What do I do?  This is so unfair! they keep charging me on time every month! But won't help me. 

• 

8 Messages

1 year ago

@ATTHelp  please help me

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

1 year ago

Sounds to me like Apple messed up and never sent the trade in to ATT’s trade in center. A tracking number or other proof of that would help. Your Apple receipt doesn’t verify a phone was actually traded in. I presume you traded it in to the Apple store, did you get a receipt for that? In any event, if ATTHelp doesn’t respond, file an FCC or BBB complaint to escalate to corporate. They are normally able to resolve these trade in credit issues.

• 

8 Messages

1 year ago

@sandblaster 

😂😂😂😂

I'm sorry but I don't know why you offer advice if you do not read the posts.

You said, "I presume you traded it in to the Apple store, did you get a receipt for that?"

And in my post, I wrote [ first sentence] "I traded in a phone at the Apple store a year ago". further along, I wrote " In my receipt, from the apple store."

So much for Community Excellence award!

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

It sounds like you are in a frustrating situation with AT&T not honoring the trade-in offer that was confirmed on your Apple store receipt. It's understandable that you feel unfairly treated, especially since you have been consistently charged on time every month.

Here are a few steps that you can take to try to resolve the issue:

1. Keep all documentation: Make sure you have copies of all documentation related to the trade-in offer, including the Apple store receipt and any correspondence with AT&T.

2. Escalate the issue: If you're not getting anywhere with the representatives you're speaking to, try to escalate the issue to a higher level within AT&T. Ask to speak to a supervisor or manager who might have more authority to resolve the issue.

3. File a complaint: Consider filing a complaint with the Better Business Bureau or another consumer protection agency. This might help put pressure on AT&T to resolve the issue.

4. Contact Apple again: Even though Apple has confirmed that everything looks in order on their side, you can try contacting them again to see if they can provide any additional assistance or advice on how to proceed.

5. Seek legal assistance: If all else fails, consider seeking legal assistance. You can consult with a lawyer or contact your local small claims court to see if there are any options available for resolving the issue in a legal setting.

Overall, it's important to remain persistent and not give up in your efforts to get AT&T to honor the trade-in offer that was confirmed on your receipt. Keep all documentation, escalate the issue as needed, and consider seeking outside assistance if necessary.

• 

8 Messages

1 year ago

@jlinsey any advice on escalating the situation?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

1 year ago

Sorry but "I traded in a phone at the Apple store a year ago" doesn’t necessarily mean you actually turned in the phone at the Apple Store. Regardless if I misunderstood, your response was rude and uncalled for. I already told you how to escalate.

• 

8 Messages

1 year ago

@DavidZ92 Uncalled for? I'm  asking for help and you come around just throwing "ideas" around. 

Because you are an ACE and famous (SF-Jeff vs. Sandblaster — a Customer Service Forum Battle for the Ages – The Barking Crow) doesn't give you any expertise lol.  Good luck!

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

1 year ago

I’m offering help and you respond with insults. Whatever, I’m done with you. I now hope you run into nothing but brick walks and never get your credits. Interesting link you dug up, though. I had no idea it existed. It is full of lies and disinformation, though and it certainly doesn’t make me famous. You are right about one thing, being an ACE does not make me an expert on anything. Besides, that “expert” label is assigned by the forum, not by me. I honestly don’t care if you or anyone considers me an expert or not. I stand by my 40 plus years experience in the commutations industry as my knowledge base.

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

14.1K Messages

1 year ago

Back to the very valid question: Does the receipt from the Apple store show you gave them a phone or only that you purchased one and qualified for the offer?

edit: Wow! That SF-Jeff guy was really unhappy many people disagreed with his opinion!

(edited)

• 

8 Messages

1 year ago

@MicCheck  it shows that I gave the phone. It also shows how much will I be getting from AT&T

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.