To me the biggest problem with these BOGO / B1G1 offers is....
To me the worst problem with these Buy One Get One offers are it takes months to figure out if you did everything correctly. I don't mind waiting 3 months to get my credit, rebates always take a while.
What I mind is there are all sorts of things that need to be done properly and it takes months to find out if you did the process correctly.
I do not have one of these offers out in the wild, I'm just sick and tired of hearing people complain about them. Yes, they do need to read the fine print more, but I've looked at some of these and it's kind of complicated. (I have not purchased one of these BOGO offers).
People think this is some diabolical plan from AT&T, but this is really poor public relations if it is. Do any of you think AT&T wants customers that hang out for the smallest possible time and bolts because they are mad/upset, it wants lifelong customers. It doesn't want to upset people, that doesn't foster more customers, that costs them customers. They can't be making a lot of money giving away second phones for free, they're making money when you stay a customer.
(Yes, I'm very naive sometimes.)
I would think that they want customers that are going to spread the word about what a great company they are. I recommend AT&T to, I can't imagine that they want me tied into a contract and being mad about it and recommending other companies. I like AT&T. I can get a better price for more data at T-Mobile, but I'm here, it works for me (most of the time). At some point, I might have to give the competition a try but right now these guys are generally making me happy and I would think they'd want me to stay.
In the forum there are three specific topics that come up a lot:
- Complaints about their BOGO offer (usually something done wrong)
- Can't tether with an unlimited plan
- Where's my Marshmallow? (for some kind of Android S'mores)
Two of these are marketing and (poor customer) relations.
Come on AT&T, fix this!
- Rember the Golden Rule: Treat others how you would like to be treated.
- Just because my answer does not solve your issue (or agree with you), it may still be correct information...
- Stating a fact about how something works, is NOT taking sides, it's just stating a fact...
- Information provided might not be for "you" only, it might be clarification for other community members.
- This is the public AT&T Community Forum (not AT&T support), please do not post personal info.
- When provided an answer, please click "Accept solution" which helps other people to find an answer more quickly.
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
ACE - Sage
7 years ago
And the switch offers too.
ACE - Expert
7 years ago
Definitely, the complicated requirements for the switch offers should be lumped in with the BOGOs!