Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
hectorb21's profile

Contributor

• 

14 Messages

Fri, Sep 4, 2020 10:31 PM

System incorrectly claims my tradein is damaged

So, I failed to check the forums before I decided to take advantage of AT&T's current Samsung Galaxy Note20 promotion on new lines or upgrades.

I was supposed to receive $1,000 in trade-in credits at $30 per month per 30 months as long as my phone had a value of at least $60.
Well, today I checked the status of my trade-in and the system shows a trade-in value of $0.00 because my phone according to AT&T had a screen blemish and/or burn-in.&n(Edited per community guidelines)p; THIS IS TOTALY A LIE!!!!!!
My phone was in flawless condition before I sent it in. I even included the case just as an extra precaution.

This is total (Edited per community guidelines). Because without the $1,000 credit there is NO WAY I would have purchase this phone especially now during the pandemic. I'm actually going file a complaint with the BBB. I've been an AT&T customer for over 20 years and this is how they treat me?

Responses

• 

3 Messages

5 m ago

The same thing is happening to us.  They are claiming a broken screen when the screen was not broken.  Did you get this resolved?  About to file a complaint with bbb and fcc.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

14 Messages

5 m ago

@Melfarb

I did get it resolved by opening a complaint with the BBB. Received a call from the office of the AT&T Wireless President. Got it resolved after a few weeks,
I'm now getting the $30 monthly credit. I would suggest you do the same.

Contributor

• 

14 Messages

5 m ago

I have not closed this post to let other people air their grievances with the AT&T trade-in program.  The more noise we make, the better chances we have for AT&T to start listening about the problems with their trade/recycling company their partner with. No bueno!

• 

3 Messages

5 m ago

Thank you.  I will file a claim.

• 

10 Messages

5 m ago

Start A (Edited per community guidelines) (Edited per community guidelines) Since I was banned from saying this we'll see if they don't edit this.

(edited)

• 

10 Messages

5 m ago

Start a (Edited per community guidelines) (Edited per community guidelines) since the Last time I posted this they edited it.

(edited)

• 

10 Messages

5 m ago

Funny how you can't say (Edited per community guidelines)

(edited)

• 

10 Messages

5 m ago

Or start one

• 

10 Messages

5 m ago

Class A

• 

11 Messages

5 m ago

Ok, I submitted a report with the Better Business Bureau concerning this  apparent scam that I have been subjected to.  The phone I turned in was not even a year old and it was always in a OtterBox case never dropped.  I even double packed it better than what ATT provided for shipping.  I hope that ATT does the right thing and corrects this problem and makes me whole in all this.  This is worst case of fraud and scamming that ATT has ever been involved with.  And if they do not like these words, then they need to fix the problem!  

• 

6 Messages

5 m ago

Everyone, I just had the SAME experience.  They didn't tell me anything about the trade-in value until it was too late to turn the phones in and get out of the contract.  This is the game they are playing.  They must be passing money to the company checking the phones so that they do not allow perfect phones to be values at the required amount.

I turned in TWO phones.  Cased every day of the years we had them.  never had a problem with them.  My wife was wanting a new phone and she was going to wait until Black Friday deals to do this.  I told her about this promotion and told her that we should do this.  Her phone was in great working order.  I then decided to do this on another line as it was free.  Again, great phone nothing wrong...

I called in several times, especially when I got cards for $10.80 and $12.30.  I was like, why am I getting cards for the trade in program?  Oh, they are just giving you cards in addition to that.

I have been on the phone for about 3 hours today.  I know this is a scam they are doing to keep the bottom line.  There is now way this is happening with such frequency.  I think at this point we need to get a (Edited per community guidelines) going.  I would like to know how many are interested in doing this?  Monday I will be reaching out to a lawyer to see what can be done.  This is nearly criminal.  I had two working phones I could have kept using that were no longer under contract.  They waited to drop the information on me until after I had the two new phones beyond the "buyer's remorse" period.  This is the scam they are playing and it is evident this is the case.

They sold our good phones and made money on them too.  They will not work with you .  You have no recourse on them other than a (Edited per community guidelines).  How many are with me on this?  I will ask a lawyer about how to start a (Edited per community guidelines) (Edited per community guidelines) and will let you know more later.

(edited)

• 

6 Messages

5 m ago

@SuperSaiyanGoku:

My issue was through AT&T alone.  They don't care about the little guys...  They are too big again and will steam roll you because they can do without you.

• 

5 Messages

5 m ago

Just happed to me.  I ordered the iPhone 12 pro and sent in an absolutely flawless iPhone 8 in perfect working condition.  I was expecting to get the $800 in credits for the trade plus the 30 month contract.  Instead they said it was worth $50 because the screen was not working/ cracked or damaged. (Edited per community guidelines)? I sent the phone in their bubble wrapped envelope with their shipping label.  I also have pictures and videos of the phone just prior to placing in the envelope to prove the imei number and condition.  I was so very worried this was going to happen and that’s why I took the pictures and video.  So I guess I am not surprised but after 20 years with them I was hoping that I was just being paranoid.  Well guess I should have gone with my gut.  This is the end of the line AT&T.  After my contract is done I promise that me and my 4-lines will be going somewhere else.  People please avoid this scam!!!

(edited)

• 

5 Messages

5 m ago

This is a picture of my phone and the IMEI just prior to placing in the envelope.  

• 

2 Messages

5 m ago

My iphone x was in perfect condition and the trade-in program said "they couldn't identify the model."  ATT promised to "make it right," but it's been a year and they still haven't.  Today I called to upgrade again and they said there isn't anything they can do.  As far as I'm concerned, they stole my phone.  A friend would've bought it for $300.  If they aren't going to pay what they're offering, they should mail it back.  Consumers should be warned that it's a 3rd party, and ATT is 100% responsible for this ongoing thievery but doesn't seem to care.  It's happened to several neighbors on our neighborhood group.  I'm surprised that there hasn't been a (Edited per community guidelines) (Edited per community guidelines).  I'm definitely not mailing in my iphone 11 pro and trusting their upgrade program, so may have to change carriers once my daughter's phone is paid off.

I'm stunned at how terribly they continue to respond and the lack of concern for their customers.  I've been with them over 10 years.

(edited)

Get started...

Ask a new question