Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
hectorb21's profile

Contributor

• 

14 Messages

Fri, Sep 4, 2020 10:31 PM

System incorrectly claims my tradein is damaged

So, I failed to check the forums before I decided to take advantage of AT&T's current Samsung Galaxy Note20 promotion on new lines or upgrades.

I was supposed to receive $1,000 in trade-in credits at $30 per month per 30 months as long as my phone had a value of at least $60.
Well, today I checked the status of my trade-in and the system shows a trade-in value of $0.00 because my phone according to AT&T had a screen blemish and/or burn-in.&n(Edited per community guidelines)p; THIS IS TOTALY A LIE!!!!!!
My phone was in flawless condition before I sent it in. I even included the case just as an extra precaution.

This is total (Edited per community guidelines). Because without the $1,000 credit there is NO WAY I would have purchase this phone especially now during the pandemic. I'm actually going file a complaint with the BBB. I've been an AT&T customer for over 20 years and this is how they treat me?

Responses

• 

4 Messages

6 m ago

I just submitted a BBB complaint for the exact same thing everyone here is going through. In my case only 2 of 6 phones were accepted for the Note 20 promotion. No way in (Edited per community guidelines) am I paying for those phones.

(edited)

• 

4 Messages

6 m ago

I agree with you - I went to add a line to my service and even though I pay about $275 a month for my service, I was told that I would need to make a deposit on the phone because of a credit problem.  I couldn't believe it, they take my $275 a month, give me nothing in the way of an advantage, and then decide that I need to pay a deposit.  This has never happened to me in all the 11 years I have been a loyal customer

• 

4 Messages

6 m ago

So I just got off the phone with a lady from corporate and she is going to try and get my phones back that I traded in and let me leave ATT. Mutual separation. This has been a nightmare, never again.

• 

4 Messages

6 m ago

I believe that they have moved too fast in trying to keep up with the competition and they fail to train their customer service people well.  They had outsourced their question answering to people in Pakistan or another country where they are unsure of what a person is asking them.  Also, you have to talk to at least three people before you get to talk to a person who might know something about what you are talking about.  I have been dissatisfied with their service for a very long time and I believe that it will not get any better.  I purchased the insurance package for all of my devices and even with the insurance you still have to pay money if a phone is lost, stolen, and damaged.  The prices are not consistent and I believe that it impacts you in the end.  It is a very frustrating business to deal with.  Glad to see that I am not the only one who is having issues with them. 

• 

4 Messages

6 m ago

I remember when I bought a new phone and was given a free tablet with the purchase, but no one told me that they would begin to charge me $20 for a line to manage the tablet.  I called and complained and they apologized and said that they would drop the monthly fee to $10.  My phone bill with everything - phones, monthly charges, insurance, and world call charges runs about $274 a month, which is about 1/3 the cost of my total rent.  I have found that they have an answer for everything when you question what is going on. 

• 

4 Messages

6 m ago

Just an update on my case. I'm happy to say that ATT did the right thing and decided to honor the wireless agreement that I originally signed up for. The lady I spoke to from corporate was very courteous and professional and made my day.  Thank you ATT!

(edited)

• 

6 Messages

6 m ago

Sounds like the real magic words for resolving this issue [EDITED per Community Guidelines]

(edited)

• 

1 Message

5 m ago

I just called the ATT trade in program help desk worried about same issues for my trade up to Note 20.  My S8+ does have chips on the corners and the rep said value is $0.  But then he suggested I go and have screen replaced at a retail store for less than $100 and that should make my phone value pass the $65 benchmark.  I'll try and report results.  update:  I looked at screen repair.  cost is $230.00 this is outrageous that the ATT rep did not mention these issues when she sold me  the Note 20.  She had my phone in her hands and said "no worries".

(edited)

r6baird

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

5 m ago

I have a pending price dispute for 2 trades. Instead of $2,000, It's for $1,700. A store manager looked at it and said he thinks it might be denied, so I called and they said it was still pending. Maybe they just didn't want to break the news to me but they did credit me $100 for waiting. 

They need to utterly end the mail in trade in program. In store only..... period. With warnings. I mean, they are the ones offering the $1000 trade in promos. 

so..... If I have success I'll let you know.  

• 

3 Messages

5 m ago

I too just had the same issue. I had perfect condition lg g8 thinq  somehow got damaged cover and port and under valued at 45. I even went to store and had rep check my phone, verified with the customer rep. and wrapped my phone with the cases. 

To my surprise, same thing happened to my mother in laws trade in. Marked as damaged phone under valued just below the promo min. 

There is no way I would trade in my lg g8 without 1000 promo. This is definitely on going scam and att is abusing it with the mailed trade ins. 

I opened a case with the trade in department and will be opening a bbb complaint at the same time since customer rep. was not helpful.

I hope att gets to the bottom of this. I've been with the att for about 20 years as well, but this will end my commitment for good if it doesn't get resolved.  

• 

2 Messages

5 m ago

I posted in the other thread you had but copying & pasting to document in this one as well. 

Yes,  dealing with the scam as well.  Received insurance replacement note 8 just three weeks before approached about the $1000 bill credit for qualified phone.  Note 8 qualified.  Received new note 20 ultra on Aug 17. Was told to allow a couple Bill cycles before I would see the trade in credits.  October 30th still no sign of bill credit reducing my monthly payment on the phone to $10.00. Was informed I was disqualified for the promotion because my 3 week old phone only valued at $65.00 and there was suppose to be a $95.00 min value. After continuing to push the issue, they now also say not only did my 3 week old phone not value but now I'm informed my account was never updated to unlimited like it was suppose to be so therefore I am not qualified two ways. Can't get my old phone back, can't be properly compensated for its value despite their own documentation proves the age of the trade phone.

They tell you to wait for credits then when it doesn't happen you're outside the 30 days for any action to take place. I'm beyond livid. I feel scammed. I've never done one of their upgrade promotions before. I'll never do another. I'll go through Samsung directly in the future and now trying to establish how much out of pocket to leave these scammers for good. 

• 

4 Messages

5 m ago

@Sabinator how did you get to talk to corporate office? I have been trying for 5 or 6 weeks to talk to someone that would review the situations. I took pictures of my phones before they were shipped and they are in perfect condition. I got one finally accepted, but 2nd phone I can't them to even look at the situation. 

• 

2 Messages

5 m ago

I just paid off my phones and am switching to Verizon.  I swear I'll spend the next 10 years bashing this (Edited per community guidelines) company any way I can!

(edited)

• 

11 Messages

5 m ago

I was not going to mention this but now I am.  Not only have I gotten scammed, I have a document that shows a possible BATE AND SWITCH that AT&T has done.  When this all first started, I have a document that shows that the Samsung S20 5G phone had the capability to upgrade memory.  When we opened up the phone at the AT&T store, we found that the phone was not upgradeable as stated in the AT&T Document.  The AT&T sales person, Belton Mo. AT&T was shocked that this document existed. In order for me to do a memory upgrade, I had to move to the Ultra which cost more money.  I was told with my trade in that my phone trade in would bring the cost down to 10.00 per month and not 30.00 per month.  So now I said it.  AT&T you did this to yourself, I was going to keep this quiet but now I am not.

• 

10 Messages

5 m ago

Let's start a (Edited per community guidelines) (Edited per community guidelines) same here bunch of bull

(edited)

Get started...

Ask a new question