Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
hectorb21's profile

Contributor

• 

14 Messages

Fri, Sep 4, 2020 10:31 PM

System incorrectly claims my tradein is damaged

So, I failed to check the forums before I decided to take advantage of AT&T's current Samsung Galaxy Note20 promotion on new lines or upgrades.

I was supposed to receive $1,000 in trade-in credits at $30 per month per 30 months as long as my phone had a value of at least $60.
Well, today I checked the status of my trade-in and the system shows a trade-in value of $0.00 because my phone according to AT&T had a screen blemish and/or burn-in.&n(Edited per community guidelines)p; THIS IS TOTALY A LIE!!!!!!
My phone was in flawless condition before I sent it in. I even included the case just as an extra precaution.

This is total (Edited per community guidelines). Because without the $1,000 credit there is NO WAY I would have purchase this phone especially now during the pandemic. I'm actually going file a complaint with the BBB. I've been an AT&T customer for over 20 years and this is how they treat me?

Responses

• 

1 Message

7 m ago

Ok , alright! This better not be a scam. I just signed up online this morning With att. I was suppose to be picking up the phone the same day but, when I was there the sales guy don’t have my phone ready and can’t find my account. It’s bit confusing when I have the order confirmation number on my phone and They are telling me it’s not in there system. Sounds a bit conveniently confusing. What do you guys think? I’m already keyed up by the conversation in this tread. The $1000 account credit doesn’t sound promising anymore. Should I abandon the switch to att? Also , Thank you for sharing your concerns! Not to sound political, but Some cooperations are abusing Their power and we need to stand together when Experiencing wrongful deed. English is not my first language So,  your gone have to deal with my grammars and punctuations.😎✌️

• 

2 Messages

7 m ago

Well well well... wish I read about this. Sent my galaxy note 9 with case. Phone worked completely fine but had small crack on front. I selected all the choicss correctly noting such crack which made est. value 100ish at the time of sending it last month. Now it says 77.50 estimated value with crack selected. Regardless I only needed 60 to be eligible for 1000 trade in on note 20. Trade in says screen not working burn/bruising. Screen and phone worked perfect. I would've kept it had it not been for the deal offered. After reading everyone's post I'm realizing this is a blatant scam. I'm going report to BBB and keep checking back here too see if anybody got favorable news. This is a (Edited per community guidelines) shame, I'll post back whenever i get more information. 

(edited)

• 

2 Messages

7 m ago

Trade in site finally updated from the $0.00 to:

Promotion Selected

Again, My phone was in excellent condition and I recorded its condition prior to sending it in also showing it turned on, and was reset to factory.

The notes for me also state: Screen not working, minor brusing/burn in...

I suspect that those are the categories that are available for them to use when describing any sort of damage. There doesn't seem to be specific notes per device, rather, a crack and a scratch would be categorized under the same thing: Screen not working, minor bruising.

I will update further when I receive an email from them to confirm the full promotion of $1000 is being applied....

If not, I guess I will have to submit my video proof to go against their claims of my device's condition.

Contributor

• 

14 Messages

7 m ago

@Aquintana777

That's great news!  So there's hope.

I'll keep you posted when mine gets updated.

Hectorb21

galaxynoteguy

• 

18 Messages

7 m ago

I received the $32.50 gift card in the mail for my mint condition Note 8 so I filed a complaint against them to the BBB and also an internal website that also goes to the office of the president and they replied and said they're already working on it.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

• 

2 Messages

7 m ago

So the BBB is better than filing with FCC?  Do you file in your state or where?

• 

18 Messages

7 m ago

@elldun  google bbb at&t and file against one of their Alpharetta, GA addresses.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

• 

18 Messages

7 m ago

BTW I received a call from the office of the president and they submitted a request to push my trades through. I told them they will probably be receiving more complaints based on what I've seen on various forums and online groups. 

Contributor

• 

14 Messages

7 m ago

@galaxynoteguy

That's awesome!

Thanks for the update.

hectorb21

• 

2 Messages

7 m ago

Funny you say this... dealing with the exact same thing. Keep getting promised the credit will show next month. I’m on month 3 of billing still no credit  

Contributor

• 

14 Messages

7 m ago

@Ghostrider8

When you check the status of your trade-in, what does it say?

• 

4 Messages

7 m ago

I am dealing with the exact issue with the Note20 promotion and having the same experience mentioned here. Just getting the run around from AT&T even when I have been a loyal customer for 18 years. I will be filling with BBB and also glad to know that small courts is an option.

If anyone has been successful in resolving their issues, would appreciate knowing what y'all had to do.

• 

1 Message

7 m ago

@galaxynoteguy  can you post links to where you submitted the complain?  Has the same issue with an s8+ and have pictures before sending that shows phone working and shows IMEI.

• 

18 Messages

7 m ago

@Abacus @tejaspevekar https://www.bbb.org/us/ga/atlanta/profile/long-distance-phone-service/att-0443-7935/complaints

(edited)

• 

18 Messages

7 m ago

@jdebold   wow I am sorry to hear that!  I got a call today and my trade's were approved last night and they will follow up with me in a month to see if credits start going through.  My friend's sister also filed with BBB and got her's taken care of too and the employee she worked with said she has handled 1000 of these cases.

Get started...

Ask a new question