Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
hectorb21's profile

Contributor

• 

14 Messages

Fri, Sep 4, 2020 10:31 PM

System incorrectly claims my tradein is damaged

So, I failed to check the forums before I decided to take advantage of AT&T's current Samsung Galaxy Note20 promotion on new lines or upgrades.

I was supposed to receive $1,000 in trade-in credits at $30 per month per 30 months as long as my phone had a value of at least $60.
Well, today I checked the status of my trade-in and the system shows a trade-in value of $0.00 because my phone according to AT&T had a screen blemish and/or burn-in.&n(Edited per community guidelines)p; THIS IS TOTALY A LIE!!!!!!
My phone was in flawless condition before I sent it in. I even included the case just as an extra precaution.

This is total (Edited per community guidelines). Because without the $1,000 credit there is NO WAY I would have purchase this phone especially now during the pandemic. I'm actually going file a complaint with the BBB. I've been an AT&T customer for over 20 years and this is how they treat me?

Responses

• 

6 Messages

2 m ago

Haven't heard back again from Jonathan with the office of the president. Nor has any credit posted to my account. Did get a message that both phones were located and would be back in touch when credit was confirmed. Guess can only wait and see.

• 

2 Messages

1 m ago

I filed a complaint about this on BBB back in December. I was contacted by someone  from the Office of the President at AT&T who said she was resolving this matter for me. She said I would receive the full $1,000 bill credit I was promised, and that it would taken off in $30 increments for my future bills. She also said I’d receive the back credits I was owed. Well, I did receive the back credits I was owed up to that point (around $166), but now my bills have returned back to the way they were with NO credit being applied. I am so aggravated! I’ve spent far too much time dealing with this issue that never should have been an issue in the first place. 

So all I’ve gotten of my credit so far is a $45 promotional card that AT&T initially sent me to try to appease me (which did far from it - $45 is nothing compared to $1,000) and now $166 in credits. Nothing else. I guess I’ll have to open up another case with the BBB if the lady with the Office of the President doesn’t respond to my email and resolve this matter once and for all. 

(Back story - I sent in a Google Pixel that was in great to excellent condition, barely a scratch on it. The trade in company tried saying the screen had severe burning??? But it worked perfectly fine when I sent it in! In fact, I miss that phone and almost regret going back to the iPhone. My camera on that phone was 10 times better than my iPhone camera.) 

(edited)

• 

11 Messages

1 m ago

The same thing has happened to me again.  My previous bills up to this point was where it should be now they have gone back up to where they were.  I am going to open up another complaint with the BBB on this.  

chrisheilig

• 

40 Messages

1 m ago

UPDATE

it has now been 3 billion cycles since I was assured by the "office of the president " that the promotion agreement would be fully honored.  

1st bill : no difference 

2nd bill: received a credit of about 60 dollars credit for reasons not specified or detailed.

3rd bill: back up to the original amount and not giving any credits. Once again charges for the which should be free..

I will now file NEW complaints with BBB, FCC, and state AG. 

• 

40 Messages

1 m ago

Also I received an email from AT&T stating that their terms of agreement have changed and that by continuing to use their service I agree not to participate in any action against them.

Has anyone else received this email? 

• 

11 Messages

1 m ago

No I have not.

• 

40 Messages

1 m ago

Copy and paste

We have updated your contract terms

We have simplified and updated the contract terms governing one or more of your AT&T accounts. Previously, your contract terms were contained in separate agreements for the following AT&T services: AT&T Wireless, AT&T PREPAIDSM, AT&T Phone, AT&T Fiber, Internet, Fixed Wireless, and DSL. We have updated and combined those terms into a single Consumer Service Agreement, which you can review by clicking att.com/ConsumerServiceAgreement.

Effective May 5, 2021, any account you have with us for these services will be governed by the AT&T Consumer Service Agreement, including updates to our agreement that we will resolve any disputes by individual arbitration and not by jury trial or (Edited per community guidelines). Your continued use of AT&T service tells us you accept and agree to be bound by the Consumer Service Agreement and its updated arbitration clause.

For more information about your updated AT&T Consumer Service Agreement, simply click att.com/CSA

(edited)

• 

11 Messages

1 m ago

The email states as of May 5, 2021.  To me this means that we can still file BBB Complaint.

• 

3 Messages

1 m ago

What address are you guys using for bbb complaint?

• 

40 Messages

1 m ago

I'm not saying we can't file a complaint.  We can do that regardless of what that email says. 

I'm saying that all these cases are not a mistake. They are fully aware of what's going on.  They have intentionally been scaming their customers with trade in offers they never had any intention of honoring.  Now with all the backlash customers are threatening action and this is now their new way of trapping you in the contract without any recourse.. 

Their answer to the scam they've been running is to implement a new scam protecting them from action against the other scam. 

They cannot legally change the contract terms without offering their customers an out without paying early termination penalties.. That would never hold up in ( you know where) ... 

• 

11 Messages

1 m ago

I would say if folks are going to file a complaint that they should do so promptly before the May deadline.  

• 

11 Messages

1 m ago

BTW, I just got my notice in my email.

Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

1 m ago

They cannot legally change the contract terms without offering their customers an out without paying early termination penalties.

@chrisheilig you are not under a contract. So there is no contract to change.  The terms of service state they can change the agreement at any time. You are not under a contractual obligation to stay. Pay off your device at any time and go. 

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

• 

40 Messages

1 m ago

@Lockdowncraziness The agreement was that the device is free with eligible trade in..  I gave them an eligible trade in. I honored my end of the agreement.  I am not going to now payoff a device that is supposed to be free.

And you are wrong. There is a 2 year contract with an early termination penalty to discontinue service before the end of the contract. 

• 

40 Messages

1 m ago

@Lockdowncraziness I see that you are an AT&T employee.. Did you not read the part where I said the office of the president told me the agreement would be honored?? I have it in writing..

You have nerve to tell me pay off the device and go???

Honor the agreement (Edited per community guidelines)!! 

(edited)

Get started...

Ask a new question