Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
hectorb21's profile

Contributor

• 

14 Messages

Fri, Sep 4, 2020 10:31 PM

System incorrectly claims my tradein is damaged

So, I failed to check the forums before I decided to take advantage of AT&T's current Samsung Galaxy Note20 promotion on new lines or upgrades.

I was supposed to receive $1,000 in trade-in credits at $30 per month per 30 months as long as my phone had a value of at least $60.
Well, today I checked the status of my trade-in and the system shows a trade-in value of $0.00 because my phone according to AT&T had a screen blemish and/or burn-in.&n(Edited per community guidelines)p; THIS IS TOTALY A LIE!!!!!!
My phone was in flawless condition before I sent it in. I even included the case just as an extra precaution.

This is total (Edited per community guidelines). Because without the $1,000 credit there is NO WAY I would have purchase this phone especially now during the pandemic. I'm actually going file a complaint with the BBB. I've been an AT&T customer for over 20 years and this is how they treat me?

Responses

galaxynoteguy

• 

18 Messages

5 m ago

@SuperSaiyanGoku  I filed a complaint against AT&T.  I have since started receiving both bill credits for the 2 Note 8's I traded in.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

• 

18 Messages

5 m ago

@Jds737 sorry this happened to you too!  I wouldn't have trusted that thin little mailer they send for the trade in.  I boxed mine up with lots of padding.  Good luck!

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

• 

2 Messages

5 m ago

I’m interested in a (Edited per community guidelines) suit.  1st time shame on them (trade stolen in an AT&T store) I closed account.   2nd time shame on me !  Fell for free note with trade online offer with 2 note 20s!  They told me one trade had a cracked screen and I took pictures!  The other never got an answer or any credits either!Now they threaten me with a bill for $2000 for two phones I was supposed to get for free, plus hefty ETF fees AND loss of my trades that were in perfect shape!  Where do I sign to sue this big crooked greedy SOB company?

(edited)

• 

2 Messages

5 m ago

I am going through the same thing with them. I have proof of my phone's condition prior to sending it in but they won't respond to my emails and I can't get through to a person when I call the number listed. I'm so mad I'm contacting the news. I suggest everyone contact their local news channels. 

Bomeyer

Scholar

• 

137 Messages

5 m ago

Sabinator

Who to talk to at corporate??

what's the best way to file a complaint??

Bomeyer

Scholar

• 

137 Messages

5 m ago

I just got my main issue resolved by a call to ATT CS.  I upgraded 2 iphones under the $800 deal 11/5.  First one went ok so far via USPS mailer and is at HYLA (11/18) going thru inspection prior to credit approval.  My second one never got tradein conf quote and mail in kit.  She processed it for me and sent me a UPS label to ship myself with own box (better than mailer with post office).  She said value is $340 (XS Max 256) pending inspection.  She looked up the first one and said it is being processed and should price out at $140 (8S Plus 64).  We shall see.  Now get past the account credits hurdle.

• 

10 Messages

5 m ago

Same here I also traded in perfect phone, and they did me the same way.

• 

1 Message

5 m ago

Similar story here, It took ATT about 5 weeks to ship the little inadequate white envelope to me, So I can ship my two phones in it. Call them and explained that I wasn't going to ship in that measly envelope my two pristine galaxies. So they provided a new label so I can provide my own box, so I did make sure was shipped securely. Took them to UPS, on Oct 23, today 11/24 they haven't received any of the two phones and still shows in transit, no credit, and nobody knows what happens to the phones. Now, ATT said that is too late, that they needed to receive my phones within 30 days. And they gave me the Trade-in Phone number so I can call and complain to them.  The trade-in department does not know what happened to my phones and obviously, they don't care. Now we are at a loss, $2,000.00 credit not honored, and lost my two pristine galaxies, (one was brand new from mobile BOGO days).  What can we do now? Any suggestions?

• 

1 Message

5 m ago

This just happen to me too. The same promotion, my phone was in excellent condition no cracked screen, the value I was told was $70. I double pack it in two padded envelopes. And when they received it the screen is not working- Screen is cracked/damaged, Wrong phone Model, and the trade-in value $35.00. It's really a SCAM. I'm so disappointed I been a customer for 18 years.  

(edited)

• 

2 Messages

5 m ago

ATT is the worst!! They lie and give you the runaround hoping you’ll give up!! It is ridiculous. 

• 

2 Messages

5 m ago

ATT trade in program is a total scam!! They give you the run around and beat you down so that you’ll give up!! 

Bomeyer

Scholar

• 

137 Messages

5 m ago

Hope that means I'm getting the $800 credit

Contributor

• 

14 Messages

5 m ago

@Tropikal
Take them to small claims court.  They won't stand a chance.
Hectorb21

(edited)

• 

3 Messages

5 m ago

We filed a bbb claim yesterday.  They responded quickly after that and gave us our  discount.  We tried calling for weeks and got nowhere.  

• 

1 Message

5 m ago

I am having the same issue with my trade-in.  Supposdly to receive $800.00 value on my "in perfect conditon" iphone X and when received they said "cracked screen and unable to start" which is (Edited per community guidelines). Waiting for final value but imagine this whole thing is a scam  What recourse do we have because good luck tryng to get through to Trade in customer service because its impossible to get anyone via phone or chat.

Who do we complain do as there has to be some sort of (Edited per community guidelines) or Utility commison out there to file with. 

(edited)

Get started...

Ask a new question