For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
J

• 

10 Messages

Wednesday, January 22nd, 2020 9:53 PM

Switch from Nation 450 to Mobile Share Plus?

Hi,

I have grandfathered Nation 450 plan with rollover for my iPhone X.

I pay $112/month ($40 for minutes, $45 for data, and $10 for 1000 messages)

I use 2.5-5GB data/month

100-200 texts/month

Very few voice calls

I'd like to qualify for International Day Pass. So, exploring options....

It looks like the new "unlimited" plans slow you down in congested areas. No bueno.

Mobile Share Plus plan 9GB at $60 would cost me $60/month less, with data than I need....plus allow mobile hotspot and International Day Pass.

Is this the no-brainer it seems to be? What am I missing? (and, no, I'm not a plant from ATT corporate!)

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

4 years ago

Dont forget that price is with autopay discount which takes 2 months to apply. The unlimited plans are all different only the bottom one slows down right off the bat.

• 

10 Messages

@GLIMMERMAN76
Thanks! Considering that 9GB is more than enough, Mobile Share Plus is probably best for me, no? I don't expect a huge amount of mobile hot spot usage.

I don't need HD streaming over a cell connection. And I'm assuming that 4G service will still available in locations with 5G.

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

4 years ago

If 9GB is enough data for you, then that plan should work great for you. No, you aren’t missing anything.

• 

10 Messages

Thanks! Some sources say there's a $20/month "access fee" to tether my (wifi-only) iPad via Mobile HotSpot, and other sources don't. Can you shed any light on that? If that fee is correct, would I pay it with an unlimited account, too? If not, that would tip me toward the latter.

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

you only pay that if its a cellular ipad. The ipad will just use your 9gb allotment.

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

The access fee is also known as the line fee. Every line on the plan pays a line fee. If you only have one line, you only pay one line fee. That $60 one line price includes the line fee. You do not pay an additional line fee to use the hotspot. All ATT plans have an access or line fee for each line on the plan. However, the line fee on unlimited plans is higher than the line fee on mobile share.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

10 Messages

@sandblaster No, you aren’t missing anything.

Thanks for your advice, but I just learned I don't get calls/data in Canada (like with Unlimited); only in Mexico.

I anxiously await the drip-drip of further revelations.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

Have you considered prepaid? Prepaid Plan not only allows you full usage in Canada and Mexico, but the 8 gig plan is approx $45 (with auto pay plus taxes) . Unless you live in an area in the west that has very poor prepaid coverage, it is the most economical and best plan. It will have all the advantages of the nine gig postpaid plan Plus you get that Canada coverage thrown in

(edited)

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Former AT&T,  Current Verizon customer.  My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove. 

Employee

• 

797 Messages

4 years ago

Hello,

That appears to work for your needs. If you’re doing autopay anyways to get that prices, I’d go with the Unlimited Starter or Unlimited Extra. Why? Because this would cut costs down to $65/mo or $75/mo (plus tax), give you unlimited for no worries and included North America coverage (Canada, US, Mexico). The Extra adds a 15gb hotspot and 5G access when available. For $5 over the 9gb plan it’s a much better value.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.