Announcements
HBO Max - where HBO meets so much more!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Tue, Feb 6, 2018 2:05 PM

Closed

Suspicious call from att number 800-331-0500

I was called from this number asking for last numbers of ss and pin for my account. I called the number back and it was att. Is this a legit phone call?

Responses

Mentor

• 

36 Messages

2 years ago

Fine, it will allow you to speak to someone who can obtain data to get money from you. Just tell them to send you the money by check first, and you will send half of it back by a police officer.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

must be a scam , I just received a call ( didnt answer) I dont have an AT&T account   be warned , there are APPS to disguise a number as an actual legit number   never ever give out info when they call you   HANG UP

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

, there are APPS to disguise a number as an actual legit number   never ever give out info when they call you   HANG UP

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

AT&T  allowed someone to use my phone number to set up their cellular account

I have an ACTIVE Order of Protection in FORCE and My @ is showing up as 800-300-0500

ATT is going to get sued and I am Contacting EVERY NEWS TO AIR THIS PROBLEM SINCE
THEY ARE IGNORIng IT!!!!!

MicCheck

ACE - Expert

• 

8.9K Messages

2 years ago

@rschaefer wrote:

AT&T  allowed someone to use my phone number to set up their cellular account

@I have an ACTIVE Order of Protection in FORCE and My @ is showing up as 800-300-0500

ATT is going to get sued and I am Contacting EVERY NEWS TO AIR THIS PROBLEM SINCE
THEY ARE IGNORIng IT!!!!!

I have no idea what you could be saying here. I doubt "every news" will be able to undestand, either. 

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I have AT&T Call Protect and this call still got through. It does not always work the way it says it should and, actually, I receive quite a bit of spam calls that should be blocked for me. Just FYI.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

75.5K Messages

2 years ago

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I just received a call from this number and a robo-voice told me that "AT&T  has selected you to receive a $100 gift card. If you want to receive it, press 1. If you don't want it, press 0". 

Of course I want $100! They asked me to enter the last 4 digits of my SSN, which I did, then a customer support representative named James with a (possibly) Pakistani accent came on the line and told me they needed my bank account information, which I gladly gave him. I didn't think this was strange at all, especially since I don't have AT&T service. They must be trying to get my business.  I can't wait for my $100 gift card!!!

...or maybe I just let it go to voicemail because I knew it was a scam...

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

Received this phone call and immediately hung up. The robot caller claimed the account has been suspended yet they’re talking to me on the “suspended” account.  

Mentor

• 

36 Messages

2 years ago

Not only claimed to be AT&T am I called. Once or twice a month a man with an accent claims to be with United States government trying to claim money from me for something I did wrong. The number is listed "UNKNOWN", most likely from another country I once identified but do not remember.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Got a call from this number claiming to be AT&T, a robo voice with bad English offered me $100 gift card. Sounded very much like the various IRS scams they've been sending out.

Mentor

• 

36 Messages

2 years ago

One comment here was called back and was told it was AT&T. That answer was probably a complete lie to rob his money with.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

This is a terrible answer from a so called A C.E they can easily add a 2 factor authenticator for any changes on accout they need to get rid of the text and pin code and ssn as this has been exposed they need to take away this feature and and double layer security and another one is to remove the option to pay with moblil account as this has been exposed to...Att a multi billion dollar company can fix this easy and would solve alot if this issues but they choose to let this happen instead of fixing there and yes ""there"" security protocols NO OTHER CELL SERVICE PROVIDER IS EXPERIENCING THESES ISSUES JUST AT&T THAT TELLS YOU EVERYTHING 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I also received a call from 800-331-0500, but did not answer.  The caller left a voice mail saying my AT&T account was suspended for verification.  I blocked the number after checking my AT&T account online (everything was fine).  This happened this morning.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Got a phone call from this number saying my ATT account has been suspended. I don't have ATT for my phone nor do I have them for internet. Idk how or why this number could have even gotten my number but i never answer numbers i don't know