Need help understanding your bill?
B

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, May 16th, 2021 11:34 AM

Suspended account when I switched phones

I switched to a Motorola phone that I have that’s on the approved list after the 3g shutdown. Is there any way to use it? The exact model number is on the list but the only thing I can think of for why it’s being blocked is due to being an unlocked T-Mobile phone originally. 

I called and updated the imei but it still suspends the account. 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

3 years ago

If service is suspended and the phone doesn't work then it cannot be on the approved list. If you have a model that has branded for a different carrier, or made for Europe or Asia, it is not on the approved list.  

Your phone was originally a T-Mobile phone, that means it is branded for T-Mobile? So it is not on the list. 

The list of unlocked phones means unlocked always. Cannot be branded for a different carrier. 

(edited)

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

So basically I should switch to T-Mobile if I want to use that phone? 

would rather use it with att. It’s perfectly capable but att chooses to block it. It has band 14 and has no technological reason for not working after the 3g shutdown. Only difference is it’s not att branded 

(edited)

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

3 years ago

It's not AT&T branded or unbranded.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.att.com/ecms/dam/att/consumer/help/pdf/Service-Capabilities-Unlocked-Devices-ATT-Network.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwiX-Jv8oYLtAhXQo1kKHYhHDGcQFjAAegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw3sCP2kJRUevj0ARWKoc1nJ

Your choice is: different phone or different carrier.  AT&T's HD voice is proprietary, so you phone can't work.  If they were using standard VoLTE it could, but they don't.  

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Thanks for the info. 

I'll stick it out since I like the att network and service but I still wish att would let us use the phones until the actual shutoff day next year. 

I guess I'll sell it and get a new phone. Is an inexpensive one like a Samsung a11/a12 decent? I think att still sells them 

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

3 years ago

You're not alone. 

At&t WAS very welcoming for many years, even if phones didn't work very well at least they would let them on the network.

Verizon has always been a very strict, so it's expected they won't let phones on. 

Now big red is letting some phones on. 

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

It's my only complaint with att. 

Everything else is working great.  Happy with the bill, network etc 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.