For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
R

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, July 28th, 2021 9:28 PM

Six orders cancelled for "my security" because AT&T doesn't like my street address

I have had 6 orders (6!!!) for 3 Iphone 12 mini's cancelled in the last couple of weeks.  The first one I placed online with the help of someone in chat to "override" the address error I was getting - it was auto cancelled later that night.  The second one I placed though sales on the phone after talking to the fraud department and confirming that my address does in fact exist (and has for over 100 years!) - it was auto cancelled later that night.  The third one I went into the store to place (they took multiple pictures of my ID) - it was auto cancelled later that night.  The fourth one, we thought maybe we would have shipped TO THE STORE so I went back to the store and re-did the order - it was auto cancelled (AT&T won't even ship an order to their own store?!).  The 5th one we tried again to have the phones shipped to the store after activating AT&T SIM cards in our old phones so our account would show active service - AT&T still auto cancelled that order TO THE STORE.  The 6th time I thought I would try an "upgrade" order online, fully expecting it to be cancelled, and guess what?  It was!  I'm so sick of calling and getting people that can't help me and the people at the store have stopped trying to help as well, they don't seem to have any control over the system and what it decides to cancel or ship.  Can someone help me figure out what magical address I can use to get the phones to ship to me OR the store?  This is bordering on ridiculous, I realize I live in a town where our USPS delivery ONLY goes to PO boxes, but I have NEVER had trouble with FedEx or UPS or Amazon or DHL delivering to my street address, so this is entirely an AT&T system problem.  In searching the forum, I realize I'm not the only one either, the system is broken!

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

3 years ago

After one was canceled it red flags and you might as well not try again.

Order from best buy. 

Buy in person or curbside.

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I have to get the phones from AT&T because we are trading in our old phones and they don’t have the phones we want in the store.  I feel like I’m being punished for not living in a place where the post office delivers to street addresses.  It also is insane that orders won’t ship to the store.  Is there a higher level number for customer service?  Someone who can clear the “red flag”?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.