For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
eapples's profile

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

Tuesday, November 17th, 2020 6:14 PM

Second Phone Line Under A Different Name

My wife and I are on the same account.  The account is under my name.  Whenever she receives text messages, the voice announces that there's a message for me (my name) instead of using her name.  Is there a way to have her phone number associated with her name even though I am the account owner?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Professor

• 

3K Messages

3 years ago

@eapples  Have you verified her name is associated with her number. Take a look at the link below and see if it helps. 

https://www.att.com/support/article/wireless/KM1002271/

Accepted Solution

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

3 years ago

OK, so my dilemma has been solved -- there's no problem with the phone.  The problem is with me!

Apparently, my hearing problem is more than just a minor thing.  The voice is saying "Message is received from ___."  I was hearing it as "Message is for Gene from ___."  Once we set the volume up to its fullest, the robot voice came through much more clearly.

Apologies to the forum members for any amount of time that you wasted reading my post.

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

3 years ago

I have AT&T Prepaid.  When I go to my account information, I can see here number; but, I cannot do anything, e.g. any edits, to her information.  All I can do is to check on her data usage, and to change the plan that she's on.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.