For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
S

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, July 27th, 2021 5:04 PM

Closed

scam - trade in

We signed up for trade-in offer. We were suppose to get $700 trade-in credit. Waited for 3 months and called customer service.
They said its system error and credit will reflect in next month. Same story for next 3 months. Now they claim they its damaged.
I called trade in and they said they don't have any proof so phone could be damaged by technician or may be stolen and they can make up the 
statement saying it's damaged. How come they can recycle the phone saying it's damaged and not returning if it's damaged.
THIER STATEMENT ARE TOTALY LIE. We were asked my attorney to record all the calls as proof. We have all those call recording and soon will post on social to see how their call center agents are and how they cheat.

Former Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

3 years ago

What state do you live in?

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

Denver, Colorado

10 Messages

2 months ago

A much more alarming scam is unfolding with AT&T. Between November and December of 2023, I returned three flawless iPhone 12 pros as part of the trade in program. Shockingly, one was swapped for and LG flip phone, and another for an iphone 6 on the trade in tracking website. This has resulted in a loss of $1700, given each phone's $850 trade-in value. The AT&T was unable to located my previous phones using the IME number.  It's evident that fraud is rampant. either at the US Postal Service or within AT&T's exhange center. My advice : refrain from mailing in your phone for trade-in. Lesson learned the hard way. Moreover, if you look online, you will find numerous people with the same story. Seems like a (Edited per community guidelines) (Edited per community guidelines) in the making.

(edited)

99 Messages

2 months ago

With all due respect @amanisofia you will not receive the solution you are seeking by spamming 3+ year old posts with your experience. If you got a receipt from the postal service, that can be used to start an investigation via the postal service, because that’s where the phone was swapped/stolen.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.