Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

• 

2 Messages

Sun, Jan 26, 2020 3:31 AM

Sales agent at ATT Edgewater, NJ store or warehouse employ stole my Excellent condition phone and sent a broken one to the trade in program

I started losing faith in ATT. I have been a customer for ATT for over 12 years. On December 17th, I took my wide to ATT Edgewater store to get her a new phone and add her line to my account. She had a Verizon phone number. The Sales agent told us there is a trade-in program that will give us $700 of credit towards any iPhone 11 pro if we can return an iPhone that's worth more than $60. We got the phone and the line a

The next day we returned an iPhone 7 plus in excellent condition to another sales agent. The sales agent confirmed to my wife that the phone is in excellent condition, and over $140.

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

70.1K Messages

3 weeks ago

Kind of looks like you stop the story in the middle.
Can you explain about the supposedly broken phone? Who notified you that a different phone was turned in?
Since the paperwork for the correct phone was done at the store, it is more likely that's your phone was swapped out at the warehouse. It's happened before. The warehouse is not owned by AT&T and the workers are not employed by AT&T it's a recycler.
Please finish all the information, for accuracy, and file a Better Business Bureau complaint

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

@lizdance40 True, the story is too long to be told in a post. I recorded the calls with ATT customer service, and you cant imagine the level of unprofessionalism. The description of the return phone in the email I received from ATT does not match my phone condition or description. I wish they can share the serial number, and I bet you it will be different. You might be right about the recycler but why ATT would expose their client to such a mess. Also, the ATT customer service support team and trade-in program team are not able to handle this issue in a professional way, the answer I hear, sorry we can't do anything for you. It's very frustrating.

mobilemax

Employee

• 

745 Messages

3 weeks ago

Hello,

The post headline says a perfect for broken one, but the post doesn’t state how that occurred or where in the process. A trade in receipt should be generated when it was traded in at store. You can aks for one if it wasn’t originally printed for you. It will show the inspection of the phone and that it was approved to narrow down where disconnect might be.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.