Available Now: Buy the new iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max from AT&T!
Help for account, billing & more
Viperfan1984's profile

• 

6 Messages

Sun, Aug 7, 2022 11:26 PM

Rude salesman in Davenport Iowa

Went to the Davenport AT&T and asked salesman Ignacio [EDITED]how hard it would be to port over a cricket wireless number and he said he wouldn’t do it because it was a headache to do. 

[EDITED per Community Guidelines] 

Accepted Solution

MicCheck

ACE - Expert

• 

12K Messages

2 m مضت

The AT&T store on Brady St. is an Authorized Retailer https://www.att.com/stores/iowa/davenport/222558 (scroll about halfway down the page). According to the website, there is a corporate store on E. 53rd. 

It's possible it's not possible for authorized retailers to make the change, since Cricket is owned by AT&T, not just using AT&T towers. You can try going to the corporate store, but it might be less of a pain to follow my suggestion from my previous post.

Constructive

Employee

• 

29.3K Messages

2 m مضت

is it a corporate store?

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

18.8K Messages

2 m مضت

Doesn't sound like it. But unfortunately a lot of customers don't know the difference or bother to ask.

• 

6 Messages

2 m مضت

Yes it is a corporate store

MicCheck

ACE - Expert

• 

12K Messages

2 m مضت

How do you know? One of the two AT&T stores in Davenport is an authorized retailer and based on the photos, neither are identified as one on the signage. 

From what I found on the internet, it sounds like it IS a pain to transfer from Cricket to AT&T proper. Your best bet might be to port to a completely different prepaid service for a month and then port to AT&T from there. 

• 

6 Messages

2 m مضت

I went to the store asked said salesman since cricket wireless runs off of AT&T tower. There’s only one store in Davenport on Brady street. 

OttoPylot

ACE - Expert

• 

18.8K Messages

2 m مضت

@Viperfan1984  So you asked inside the store if they were Retail or Corporate? Some previous Corporate Stores were sold off to a Retail owner who has been very slow to change the signage on the outside so all it will say is AT&T. The inside of the store looks exactly the as a Corp Store but the employees inside are not AT&T employees. Retail Stores are independently owned and operated separate from AT&T.

If you received a receipt there should be somewhere on the receipt, probably in small print, that the store is an Authorized Retail Store or something similar.

• 

6 Messages

2 m مضت

I was an at&t customer at the time but after this experience I’m rethinking it 

• 

6 Messages

2 m مضت

I’m pleased with this service and rude salesman. I went with another company. I don’t need to deal with rude smartass salesman

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.