Need help understanding your bill?
brandhawa's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, November 19th, 2014 4:24 AM

Roaming charges for Canada - seeking advise on roaming waiver.

During a recent family visit to Canda, my teenage daughter left her phone on and replied to a few texts. This was while we were staying at my in-laws' house (and she was logged to their local/home wi-fi internet access).  I was shocked to see roaming charges of $194 for the usage on our current bill. I called the AT&T customer service but they were very 'matter-of-the-fact' and did not want to waive these charges.

I have my triple-play u-verse service with AT&T for more than a decade and we also have four lines of wireless phone service with AT&T. I other words, I am a long time AT&T customer with lots of services and their attitude towards this issue is very annoying and frustrating. Is there anything i can do to get these charges waived. The long term loyalty has to account for something.... may be not.

Please advise; I am not sure else to do. It was an honest mistake on my daughter's behalf.

B.R

ACE - Expert

• 

14K Messages

9 years ago

@brandhawa wrote:

During a recent family visit to Canda, my teenage daughter left her phone on and replied to a few texts. This was while we were staying at my in-laws' house (and she was logged to their local/home wi-fi internet access).  I was shocked to see roaming charges of $194 for the usage on our current bill. I called the AT&T customer service but they were very 'matter-of-the-fact' and did not want to waive these charges.

I have my triple-play u-verse service with AT&T for more than a decade and we also have four lines of wireless phone service with AT&T. I other words, I am a long time AT&T customer with lots of services and their attitude towards this issue is very annoying and frustrating. Is there anything i can do to get these charges waived. The long term loyalty has to account for something.... may be not.

Please advise; I am not sure else to do. It was an honest mistake on my daughter's behalf.

B.R

I would recommend you send a private message to AT&T Customer Care using the link below.

https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.