Need help understanding your bill?
kbwilson's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, December 22nd, 2017 5:25 AM

Closed

Returned Phone has Not Been Received

I returned a phone to ATT back at the end of October.  I used the USPS smartlabel that was provided in the box with the new phone, per the instructions provided by my CSR.  I dropped off at Post Office without waiting for them to scan.  I had no idea that ATT would not be able to track using their own generated label.  Now ATT is saying the device was never received, refusing to dig deeper to find their own smart label information, and charging me $900 for the device I sent back to them.  I have spent countless (over 5) hours on the phone with Customer Support, getting conflicting info, dealing with totally incompetent staff who finally would transfer me to an equally incompetent supervisor and I'm done.  I'm ready to contact my attorney to fight the charges, transfer all three of my lines to Verizon, and say goodbye to ATT for good.  After a decade of being a loyal customer.  The last supervisor I spoke with criticized me for not taking a picture of the tracking information (how was I to know that ATT wouldn't have this information when they supplied the label?!) and accused me of lying about sending the device back.  He told me to go to the Post Office, which I did-- twice.  And twice I was told by USPS that they need the tracking information from the shipper (technically ATT) to look into it.

I'm stuck.

ATT, you are the absolute worst.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I wish I would have! I didn’t really think too much about it because it was
a pre paid label. I’ve been reading some posts on here though about people
needing to find a transit log for the mailing center and finally finding it.
It’s just ridiculous that this is even happening. It wasn’t our only
problem with ATT. We have two phone lines, and the first rep told us that
they had accidentally applied the upgrade to the wrong phone number, and
were charging us because we sent back the wrong phone, and that once they
received the phone it is their property and won’t give it back... but now
they’re saying they don’t have a phone at all...? Just seems sketchy...

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

Going through this now too. It's so disappointing. I reached out to a manager and she literally told me my solution was to pay for the phone. Even after all the logs show the phone was received by FDR via Newgistics. Like clearly I mailed the phone back and clearly it's in some location.

AT&T customer care has really been subpar the last few years... It's frustrating the amount of false information I get from reps as well as the lack of empathy...😩😔

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Same thing is happening to me right now!!!!! AT&T YOU (Edited per community guidelines)ING (Edited per community guidelines)S!!!!!!

(edited)

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

You're doing this to a lot of people, you (Edited per community guidelines)ing Rotten (Edited per community guidelines)S!!!!

(edited)

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I feel like I could have written this post too! I'm having the exact same experience like so many other commenters. This should not be happening!! What's worse for me is that less than an hour after placing the order I called in to cancel it. And they sent the phone to me anyway. It's a nightmare!

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I upgraded my phone and also sent the phone back to them with the label they sent me but i didn't write down the information i didn't know i needed .. I have talked to 15 different people they keep transferring from person to person. I am ready to cancel my account with my 4 lines. Its it ridiculous they don't have information on there own label they sent me... and fedex wont give me any information because of third party,

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I have two daughters who are having the same issue. Both upgraded their phones and sent back the old phone only to be charged a $ 300.00 fee each. They both spend over 5 hours on the phones trying to find a representative that is knowledgeable enough to resolve the issue. Unfortunately, they were unable to make progress and they are refusing to turn the service back on without payment in that amount. AT&T is a fraud. They even tried to contact the postal service and FedEx to track the package they said the carrier paid for shipping and they would be the only person who they could give the information too. In both cases, AT&T refused to contact the shippers to resolve the matter. One agent had the nerve to say oh it probably in the warehouse and it has not been scanned but if you do not have the tracking number we can not have them look for it.

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Same situation here, I returned 3 phones in the same box and used the return label they provided.  I got scolded for returning all 3 phones in the same box.  Representative asked how would they know there were 3 phones in the box?  HELLO, they were on the same order?  That's if they even can track it down.  She made me feel like I was lying because she kept saying "you're responsible for the phones until we get them back to our warehouse which we don't have."  We're almost a month into the box shipping out and it's still "IN TRANSIT" and I'm still out $1500.  I have all the tracking information from USPS and RMA.  

Luckily, I took pictures of everything, before the phones went into the box, the serial numbers of all the phones, how I placed the phones back into the return box, short of me videoing myself handing the box to the postman, I tracked as much proof as possible because I DID NOT TRUST AT&T.  DAY 1 started off a circus show, when my stomach turn when their representative told me to order an iPhone 12 to just port my phone in because they were out of iPhone 12 pros.  Then turn around and return that phone and say it was "buyers remorse" and pay the $55 restocking fee all because it was better than paying another service fee with my old provider because they couldn't hold up their end of the commitment.  AT&T SUCKS!!!!!  

(edited)

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Sounds exactly like my situation other than I sent the phone back in August with almost the exact same situation and have spent countless hours trying to track the phone down with inept customer service. They don't have a tracking number??? They don't have a record of the label sent with a $1000 device?!?! They can't tell if that device has ever been activated??? I mean all of this tells me they are just trying to grab our money and couldn't care less about their customers.

Sounds like a (Edited per community guidelines) (Edited per community guidelines).

(edited)

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

I’m in the same situation and I’m even have my tracking number , in the USPS office they told that new logistic picked up the package. AT&T have the worst customer service 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.