Need help understanding your bill?
Tapoutade's profile

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

Saturday, September 2nd, 2023 7:47 PM

Retention over a $100 one off fee

Trying to stay with ATT by having them waive a $100 fee for international travel for 2 weeks, which is free with a competitors plan). 
customer service told me no, supervisor told me no.

12 year, $2700 per year customer and they are letting me switch to competitor due to not waiving a one time $100 fee. 

very disappointed. Making the switch tomorrow if this cannot be resolved.

As a corporate business manager, I know the importance of customer retention in this economy. I would NEVER allow a customer to walk away over a one time $100 fee. Specially a long standing customer and a customer that provides $2700 per year. It makes zero sense from a business stand point not a customer service stand point

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

6 months ago

@At&t

ACE - Sage

• 

116K Messages

6 months ago

Why should AT&T waive a valid charge? AT&T has been billed by another service provider for your usage and they expect to be reimbursed. 

And if you used international day pass, I'm going to guess that that $100 is actually 10 days or more than 10 days worth of usage capped at only 10 charges equaling $100.  

You're kind of pinning the entitlement meter.   And using the excuse T-Mobile doesn't charge for roaming is a very poor excuse. Verizon has a $10 travel pass as well, and they don't even have a cap like AT&T. They do have a cap on how much you data you can use every day (2 gigs).  Or you can buy their most expensive ultimate plan which is brand new and cost $100 for a single line, but with that plan you do get free international roaming. 

But I suspect AT&t's response to this is "...this won't be the last time with this customer.  We are totally willing to lose his yearly service if this is his attitude about paying his bill..."

But you do you fella

ACE - Sage

• 

116K Messages

6 months ago

If they haven't referred you to your customer service agreement, which you signed.

https://www.att.com/legal/terms.iframes.wirelessCustomerAgreement.html#section_wireless

Sections 2.8, 2.8.1, 2.8.2  is the part of the agreement where you agreed that if you used your phone outside the United States that you were responsible and would pay for additional charges

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

6 months ago

I understand that. I do not typically leave the country. Just saying, it’s free with t mobile and Verizon whose plan offers are also cheaper. I can live with price I pay per month knowing there is cheaper providers but I cannot justify paying $100 for a 10 day service on top of that when that service comes standard with other unlimited plans

Contributor

• 

5 Messages

6 months ago

I just read your first comment, I must have missed it. Entitled? Buddy, you know absolutely nothing about me, if you did that comment wouldn’t have been made.

Business is business, money is money and it is principle of the matter.

Also, the offer I have in front of me in regards to travel plans from t mobile and Verizon state very much otherwise to what you are saying.

if you do not work for AT&T or any other provider your  presumptuous opinions or insight is not needed.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.5K Messages

6 months ago

So let me get this straight….You’re just wanting them to GIVE YOU international calling for free?

Dang…I’ve had AT&T wireless for 30 years…goIng back to the 90s (do the math on that one).  I’ve traveled out of the country and never asked to have any thing WAIVED.  🙄🙄🙄.  

I guess I was just a chump playing by the rules.  🤷‍♀️

Edit:  Same song…SECOND VERSE  🙄

(edited)

ACE - Sage

• 

116K Messages

6 months ago

Just saying, it’s free with t mobile and Verizon whose plan offers are also cheaper.

I'll give you t-mobile.   So go ahead switch to T-Mobile. Either you'll have great service and be very happy, or you'll be switching to either AT&t or Verizon as soon as possible because T-Mobile's coverage is still terrible .

I'm going to chalk that Verizon comment up to a typo. Because as a current Verizon customer and a past Verizon customer, I can tell you Verizon is not cheaper. 

I don't know why you think international roaming is free with Verizon. It's not. I am a former and now current Verizon customer. Verizon has the same $10 per day plan with no cap, as I wrote in my previous post. The only way to not pay for Verizon roaming is to pay for the ultimate plan which is brand new this past week, and expensive.  

Just an FYI, Verizon, unlike AT&t doesn't do phone deals for existing customers like they do for new customers, which is what you're looking at is the new customer pricing with bringing your own paid off phones.

Verizon doesn't let you do phone deals unless you're at least on their mid price plan

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

23.8K Messages

6 months ago

Wah Wah Wah. Another customer who wants a freebie because they've been with AT&T for a long time. I've been with them since the PacBell days and totally read and understood what my TOS's covered (PacBell, Cingular, SBC, etc).

ACE - Expert

• 

27.5K Messages

6 months ago

12 years ain’t that long for those of us that go back to Cingular days!  

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 months ago

Trying to stay with ATT by having them waive a $100 fee for international travel for 2 weeks, which is free with a competitors plan). 
customer service told me no, supervisor told me no.

12 year, $2700 per year customer and they are letting me switch to competitor due to not waiving a one time $100 fee. 

It's not a late fee.  It's a fee for using your phone in another country.

Who cares if it's free with a competitor's plan?  If you wanted to be with the competitor, you'd already be with them.

very disappointed. Making the switch tomorrow if this cannot be resolved.

Make sure your phones are paid off and unlocked before you leave.

As a corporate business manager, I know the importance of customer retention in this economy. I would NEVER allow a customer to walk away over a one time $100 fee. Specially a long standing customer and a customer that provides $2700 per year. It makes zero sense from a business stand point not a customer service stand point

As a corporation, AT&T doesn't seem to share your views.  

I'd guess they feel if a customer isn't going to want to pay this bill, what aren't they going to want to pay next...?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.