Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
M

• 

6 Messages

Thu, Aug 6, 2020 8:04 PM

Removing a line

My son decided to have his own account and I need to remove his from my account.  Nothing I have tried works and they are billing me for the third line.  Tried talking to them but no success.  It is a prepaid account.

Responses

joey2007ua

Voyager

• 

103 Messages

a month ago

If you are the multi-line account owner

• Scroll down to "Member Lines" and click the down arrow to expand
  • Select his line and then click the "Remove" button

Your son can can also remove himself from your account by

• Logging into his account
  • Selecting "Multi-line Discount"
  • Selecting the "Confirm" button

• 

6 Messages

a month ago

Yeah, tried this and it would not work.  Son does not remember his log ins and every time I try customer support, it keeps going back to the main menu which is no help...

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

77.9K Messages

a month ago

As the multi line admin, follow the top option to remove his line from the multi line.  You don’t need his login for that.

Is your son porting his number?  That would remove his line/number.   
To cancel service, he All he does is not refill/pay.  He may need to recover his login with ‘forgot password’ in order to turn auto pay off.  

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

6 Messages

a month ago

He did not port his number.  They said he could not because he went with a different plan.  My only recourse seems to just take off autopay and go to another carrier.  I tried removing his number and kept getting a message that there was a system error...

joey2007ua

Voyager

• 

103 Messages

a month ago

kept getting a message that there was a system error...

Have you tried a different browser or clearing your cookies?  If you're using Chrome try accessing the website with an Incognito(or other browser equivalent) window to see if the issue persists.

• 

6 Messages

a month ago

Tried all that and still get the same message”experiencing system issues”.....

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

77.9K Messages

a month ago

@marbilwil 

whoever said he couldn’t port his number was wrong.  

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

6 Messages

a month ago

Thanks all.  Finally got a manager who actually knew what to do.  All taken care of....

Get started...

Ask a new question