Gift your grad endless possibilities. Celebrate right now and connect them to their brightest future.
Need help understanding your bill?
M

• 

1 Message

Saturday, August 14th, 2021 4:12 AM

Releasing a number from a plan

Hello,

I'm on a family plan. I pay for my service on monthly basis to the account holder. Recently I asked the account holder to release my number so that I have my own account. The account owner is refusing to do so. What can I do?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Constructive

Former Employee

• 

31.4K Messages

2 years ago

There’s nothing you can do he is the owner of the number and account regardless of who or where the funds come from   All you can do is start your own account with a new number 

MicCheck

ACE - Expert

• 

13.2K Messages

2 years ago

Do you have an installment plan on your phone? If so, it might help to explain that if you abandon that number and leave, they will have to keep paying for your line and phone or make a lump sum payment for the remaining installments to cancel your line. 

If you have the funds, are an authorized user, and want to be petty, you can buy a new phone and add a new installment plan to your line, leaving the current account holder on the hook for more if you go out with a new number. That might given them some more incentive. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.