Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
hasansaleem's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Sun, Jan 11, 2015 2:14 AM

Question about ATT Global

Hi, I want to buy ATT Global package to be used in Pakistan for 5-6 months. I basically want to be able to receive and text messages while being in US. I will also be making calls but very few. (There is absolutely no need for data)

Please advise which package should I opt for?

Thanks in advance.

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

GeekBoy

Master

• 

4.1K Messages

6 y ago

@hasansaleem wrote:
Hi, I want to buy ATT Global package to be used in Pakistan for 5-6 months. I basically want to be able to receive and text messages while being in US. I will also be making calls but very few. (There is absolutely no need for data)

Please advise which package should I opt for?

Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure which you are askign for.  Will you be takign your US based AT&T phone to Pakistan for several months and want to use it there, or will you be bringing your phone from Pakistan to the US and want to use it here on teh AT&T network?

If you are bringing your phone to the US, then I would suggest that you look into the GoPhone plans because they are pre-paid and do not require you to have data service, where any of the post-paid accounts would.  Also the pre-paid accounts don't require the credit check/ security deposit that a post-paid account would likely have.

Now, if you are taking your US phone to Pakistan, I would suggest that you look into unlocking your current phone (or getting an unlocked phone) then get a local SIM for your phone while you are in Pakistan.  This would probably be cheaper than adding International capabilities to your AT&T line, even if you had to buy a new phone to use for 6 months.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

84.1K Messages

6 y ago

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Get started...

Ask a new question