J

• 

3 Messages

Mon, Sep 20, 2021 10:12 PM

qualify as new customer

I'm planning to be transferred out joint account from the family into my own account. Will I be qualify or able to get the new customer deals while doing so? There's a wireless offer with 25% off per month discount plan I'm interested in but the details say "must be a new AT&T wireless customer." I'm trying to see if it is possible for me to get that plan before the deal is gone without leaving to another mobile carrier for better deals.

Accepted Solution

MicCheck

ACE - Expert

• 

10.7K Messages

4 m ago

It would be possible to be a new customer if you cancel the current line and set up your own account with a new number. 

You could also port your number to a different provider (not a prepaid service AT&T owns) for a few months (I think a 60-90 days minimum) and then come back. Who knows if that same promotion will still be offered, though. 

Of course, if you don't want the internet, then it's moot anyway.

ACE - Sage

• 

92.2K Messages

4 m ago

The only cellular/wireless offers are as good for new customers as they are for existing customers.

Upgrade phone offer, with trade-in, as long as you are an unlimited data plan.

The only 25% off discounts on wireless are for customers who are First Responders, nurses, doctors, or teachers.

• 

3 Messages

4 m ago

Ah I see. I saw this 25% discount on this link. Didn’t know it was only just for them. Didn’t see the requirement anywhere or see offer details on that page. Must’ve miss looked.

ACE - Sage

• 

92.2K Messages

4 m ago

That's a deal for new wireless customer who also get internet.  

Getting your own plan with an existing number does not make you a new customer.

• 

3 Messages

4 m ago

Thought it would be possible somehow, guess not. Thanks for replying 

Need help?
Fix, replace or check device delivery
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.