Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

• 

3 Messages

Sat, Jan 25, 2020 3:26 AM

Puzzling charge to my credit card. What for? And I can't recall giving AT&T my cc info.

I've a pending AT&T *Payment for $19.95 on my credit card. I don't know what it's for. I also don't know why my card would be charged. I'm on my parents' phone plan. We have internet with AT&T but I'm not financially responsible for that either.

I could be wrong, but I don't recall ever needing to pay for anything AT&T related, so I'm not sure how they have my credit card info to make the charge.

What could the $19.95 charge be for?

Responses

• 

4 Messages

4 weeks ago

dispute the charge with your cc company.

• 

3 Messages

Thanks. Ended up doing so.

mobilemax

Employee

• 

796 Messages

3 weeks ago

Hello,

The $19.95 could be a number of things, most notably a Directv or AttTv order. If it wasn’t something your recently setup, I’d call 800-288-2020 to inquire and check if it’s possibly fraudulent.

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

• 

3 Messages

Thanks. I did give that number a call. The first rep suspected as much, that it might have been a DirecTV activation but I didn't order DirecTV or any other AT&T service. Got passed around to other departments to try to figure out the issue and long story short: I suspect it was a fraudulant charge. Spoke to my CC company and got it sorted out. Thanks for the response.

mobilemax

Employee

• 

796 Messages

@mobilemax yes, with big companies, a lot of scams mimic the name and charges similar to get customers to be less likely to notice them. Glad the CC was able to cancel charges for you!

(edited)

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.