For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Need help understanding your bill?
JerseyGirl59's profile

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

Friday, June 8th, 2018 6:26 PM

Price Increase or Data Plan change?

I got a notice on my recent bill that there will be a change in my current rate plan with no other information given. The message was cut off halfway through apparently. My current plan is for 3G of data..which is all we need.  When I clicked on what the new plans offered are, it shows a 1G plan for almost the same amount I am paying now, and a 5G plan for almost $20 more. No 3G plan shows at all. When I pull up "My Wireless" page, it says 

MY PLAN

Pending plan change

We're making the plan changes you asked for. 

Um...I did not ask for any plan changes.  And what are they going to change it to?  No mention of what that change is or the cost I will be charged. Just that there will be changes on my next bill. Are they going to drop me down in Data to 1G or raise me up to 5G and charge me more money?? I saw all the posts on $5 increase on the grandfathered unlimited plan, but that is not what I have.  Before I spend hours on the phone with customer service while they try to sell me more than I can afford or need, does anyone else here know what is going on??

Thanks!

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@lizdance40 wrote:

So, I wonder when a change will be announced for the Mobile Share Value Plan?   

I saw a comment on Reddit that said it was MSV and MSA but saw nothing to back that up.

Have you logged into your account lately to see if you have gotten any notifications?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

6 years ago

@Gary L

No notices.  

However... a little wrinkle ala the credit card auto pay I’ve been using since 2014.  Last month the auto pay changed to 6 days after bill cycle.  I was warned, no big deal.  Payment went through and I was fine with the earlier date.  

Not this month. 

This month the payment didn’t go through and forced me to sign up with a debit or checking.   

After paying manually, I was able to go back in and sign up with a credit card for auto pay again.  

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

its only being applied to ms advantage, not with ms value nor with ms flex.

@JerseyGirl59, please call customer service to make sure that there will be no changes because you may accidentally change it when you are looking to the plans

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

6 years ago

Not sure how the title on my post got changed..I never complained about the change, I merely asked if anyone knew what the changes were.

I have the MSA. I did not accidentally click on anything to change my plan.  I double checked and "x"ed out on everything I did when looking. I never selected anything on the pages, of that I am sure. I'd also have gotten an email confiming any changes if I made them, and I didn't.   The page that was linked to in the one response explained what the missing part of my bill message was and what the changes being made will be. I"ll take the double the data for $5 more a month before I would select 5G for $20 more a month...that would make no sense at all.  I have the 3G MSA plan and will be getting 6G after the beginning of July. The page linked to explained that very clearly.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

6 years ago

@JerseyGirl59

Im trying to figure out why?  I’m suspicious of any universal generosity from a for profit company 

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

6 years ago

@lizdance40 wrote:

@JerseyGirl59

Im trying to figure out why?  I’m suspicious of any universal generosity from a for profit company 

AT&T doubled lots of plans a few years ago, for no extra cost, right?

I'm thinking many people won't use more data, they'll just be paying $5 more.  

That's $60 more a year from a LOT of customers. 

And data is cheap, even if you use an extra 10GB a month, it's not costing AT&T 10GB for the extra data. It might start to make some towers busier, but they've got all that extra money to expand 🙂

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

6 years ago

They've done it before.  Back in 2014 when my son got his first smartphone and we signed up for the Mobile Share Advantage plan, we signed on for 6G. A few months later, they changed up the MSA plans by adding rollover to them, and we recieved double that (12G) with rolloever, for the same price.  I had that for a couple of years, but we never used anywhere near even the original 6G.  In late 2016, I got laid off and decided that since we were not using that much in Data, I'd drop it down to 3G and save like $25 a month on my bill.  We do use a bit more now that my son is older and attending college. Many months we come close to the 3G (usually we end up with about .4G rollover or a bit more) but have never gone over it.  We don't have overage charges, but they will throttle speed if we go over.  Having an extra 3G a month (still with rollover) for just $5 more a month is a good deal.  I am sure that the next time we go to upgrade, they will try to get us to change to something different, but for now I will take the double data and enjoy it. Now my son won't need to be as careful with his data like he is now Woman Wink

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

6 years ago

it hink there would be changes with the signature discount being applied to MSA thats why it doubled the data. not sure though

Mentor

• 

43 Messages

6 years ago

i never got the notice as i had to add both our new cars since the free trials ran out. I was on 3gb mobile share... increased to 5gbs on 6/22 and was never told this as they put me in flex plan. it i would have gotten more for less than i am now 😞

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

It is a forced change, not an optional one.

And yes, doubling data is an empty offer.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.