Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
M

• 

2 Messages

Thu, Jan 23, 2020 2:09 AM

Prepaid

I recently called at&t about my prepaid account because I saw that at&t charged me for data usage which I did not use. I asked for money back and got nothing they would not refund my money. I disappointed in the results I got.

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.6K Messages

10 months ago

Thats not how prepaid works, never has. You buy a plan for 30 days there are no overage charges.

Did you stop using your prepaid plan, but fail to turn off auto pay, or not port your number out?

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

@lizdance40 No I always use my prepaid plan. I have never switched. I’m disappointed that at&t wouldn’t refund my money.

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

79.6K Messages

You clearly didn't understand the first part of my post. The second part was your only way out.

AT&T prepaid has no overage charges you pay for 30 days on the plan you selected that's it. There are no overage charges for extra data. So to be blunt, you first post was either stated wrong, or manure.

Once you have consumed your data plan your service slows down and your data is unusable until your next 30 day cycle begins.
Perhaps you have poorly explained exactly what your problem is. I suggest you start over with more details as to exactly what happened

(edited)

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T or any carrier. Never have, never will. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

44.4K Messages

@lizdance40 Could be a flip phone on an old pay per use plan. They will still charge by the kB in that case.

mobilemax

Employee

• 

796 Messages

10 months ago

Hello,

Yes, if you are on a prepaid (not unlimited) plan and it has payperuse or limited data, then that part of the plan you signed up on. You can review all plans to find a better fit for your usage at www.att.com/prepay

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Get started...

Ask a new question