Need help understanding your bill?
OverPerezHilton's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Thursday, March 26th, 2015 2:06 PM

Possible termination of 3 lines

I am trying to get a physical location to send a certified letter to in regard to not only horrible customer service, but fraudulent charges on my credit card. I have tried customer retention and twitter, with no success. Please send me an address I can send this certified package to with all my correspondance, emails, twitter conversations, etc. Any email would help, as well. For further info on my situation, see my blog http://overperezhilton.com/att-ripoff-theft-of-funds/2015/03/20

I would like to get this fixed prior to sending this off, but in the unfortunate event that you are unable or unwilling to assist, I need to get corporate involved as well as our state attorney general and the better business bureau.

Thanks

Busternutt

Professor

• 

3.2K Messages

8 years ago

OK, I admit you were mislead at the beginning. I don't know about Texas, but here in Indiana, it is against the law for a company to pay your sales tax for you (they can give you an equal "credit", so it's just symantics). I believe I read somewhere that ATT agreed to give you a monthly credit of $20 until you were made whole? What is the issue with that offer?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

8 years ago

When I spoke to Leslie today, the social media manager, she said that they couldnt give me a credit or do anything for me other than 'review the process'. I advised that I was offered this credit in the beginning, along with the monthly credit on my bill from another rep. I asked her why, now that I am fighting this to corporate, are they not able to do either anymore. She said neither offer was valid but couldnt say why. 

Basically, they are not happy with me pushing this issue so hard. I guess AT&T likes to penalize people for standing up for themselves. Its just unfortunate, because as I told Leslie, if this happened to me then I am sure others have experienced the same but are just unable, or too scared, to speak up. I mean, why would people speak up with all the crap you have to go through? They have treated me like a demon just for having the expectation that I will be able to agree to a charge before it hits my account.

ACE - Sage

• 

104K Messages

8 years ago

Did anyone along the way explain the charge was sales tax and say, you should have been informed at time of sales and I'm sorry that didn't happen?

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

8 years ago

Hi there @OverPerezHilton

I’d be happy to help with this concern! As you can see in the below screenshot, it is shown clearly on the device page where the handset is added to your cart that tax is due at sale.

We are completely transparent in this charge, and it is billed as required for all taxable purchases. 

This charge is also clearly shown on the order summary page during the checkout process:

taxdue.JPG

tax.JPG

I hope this helps explain the charge that you received.

Thanks,

Charise

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.