Need help understanding your bill?
shaboozal91's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, June 6th, 2015 5:05 AM

Porting from Google Voice

I ported my phone number from to Google Voice when I went aboard last year. I am returning to America and would like to port my number back to att (family plan). How can I do this? I have my old sim card; can I use that? 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hi there @shaboozal91

I’d be happy to welcome you back to AT&T! First, you would need to follow the steps posted by Google here. Once completed, visit our Transfer Your Number page to begin the process!

I hope this helps!

Charise

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hi @shaboozal91

You can rejoin your family plan, a primary account holder will need to complete a port on AT&T's end. You will, however, have to get a new SIM card as a deactivated SIM card can not be reactivated. Any corporate AT&T store can help you with the entire process too and give you a SIM card for free.

Thanks,

Dmitriy

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Thank you for your response.

I still have my old sim card ( I ported to Google Voice about 6 months ago ). Can I report my number and use the same sim card? Can I rejoin my family's family plan? 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I am trying to purchase an iPhone SE with 16 GB that is silver online from Best buy and it says I need my wireless account number // what is that? And I tried registering from straight talk to at &t and it says that My number isn't eligible. Help me please!

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

I currently have an ATT number and a Google Voice number for work.  I would like to port my Google Voice number over to ATT and replace my ATT number with my current Google Voice number.  I have unlocked my GV number.  I called ATT and was told that ATT cannot accept Google voice numbers.  Is there any way I can make this happen?  I do not want to use GV anymore because I do not like the user options.  I do however need to keep this number because it is my work number.  

ACE - Expert

• 

16.5K Messages

7 years ago

@gnblase Did you try the above instructions?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Yes.

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

6 years ago

I see that this topic is 6+ months old - can someone from AT&T verify that porting in from Google Voice is possible? 

I am considering AT&T for service (both pre and post-paid) and ability to port-in and use my Google Voice # is a must. So far, I've been told that Cricket will not allow it, but T-Mobile will. 

Thanks

ACE - Sage

• 

116.6K Messages

6 years ago

@shootfire  Of course you can port in your GV number.  People do so all the time.  You need your credentials to complete port and you should do so in an ATT store, not online.  

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I did the transfer online when I started new service and have received my device. I have data service and can make and send phone calls and texts but I still receive them through Google Hangouts. It's been about a week and I was wondering if there was another step I had to take to finalize the nmber transfer from Google to At&t

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.