Let AT&T help you elebrate your dad with Father's Day Gifts that connect us.
Need help understanding your bill?
Kaylarussell15's profile

New Member


1 Message

Tuesday, January 17th, 2023 4:40 AM


Hello, I have a phone that I’ve had for months at this point. However the phone is in my step brothers name. He turned my phone off on December 21,2022 out of spite. I’m just wondering if/how I would be able to get the phone back in service under my own name. I paid it on time every month for 8 months now. Just wondering how I can go about this through atnt. He will not give me any information through the atnt account but I can give you all the proof for atnt that I’ve been paying this phone and that the phone is mine. Maybe I can turn this phone in and get a discount for a new phone or something like that? 

ACE - Guru


9.9K Messages

1 year ago

Don't see any reason this should be posted in the Email forum so I'm moving this thread to the Wireless forum.

ACE - Expert


64.7K Messages

1 year ago

Unfortunately, no. There is no way for you to move your number from his account without his permission. You can open your own account with a new number, though. That phone won’t qualify for any trade in deal until it is paid off.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.