Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
li37sa's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, September 17th, 2015 5:33 PM

Phone upgrade options

how is it possible for ATT to charge $30 a month just to get a new phone? What happened to being able to purchase on eoutright for $100-$200 when you were available for an upgrade? Thats ridiculous and I will be switching companies. Absolutely outrageous.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

9 years ago

The upgrade fee is charged to your bill. . It isn't new, it was $40 2
years ago.

ACE - Expert

• 

23.9K Messages

9 years ago

@rtm314 wrote:

So there is always an additional $45 on a two year contract purchase.

For example, glimmerman showed the phone above is 249.99 (plus sales tax) with a 2 year contract:

You're saying when I go to an ATT store I will actually pay a total of 294.99 for that phone with a 2 year contract commitment?  Two salesmen I spoke with since yesterday did not indicate that. I was very specific hashing numbers for the total cost.  I did not see an upgrade fee 2 years ago, is that new?

The other thing to remember is most stores cant sell you a phone on a 2 year contract it has to be done online or the store can order it for you.  That is where the disconnect is coming in....  Just order the phone online and save yourself some trouble.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Im wanting to upgrade but with the new installment payment program or paying the full pop of the phone , I still think they old way of paying 200 for a a phone and two year commitment to at&t is better , not increasing on your monthly bill to make it higher or paying the price of a used car for a phone of $794 which does not include connection fee.Sounds like corporate bottom line goal !!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.