Gift your grad endless possibilities. Celebrate right now and connect them to their brightest future.
Need help understanding your bill?
Afemrich's profile

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, February 8th, 2023 2:32 AM

Phone Upgrade Customer Service Issues

I’ve been with AT&T Wireless for 23 years (they were GE when I started, then Cingular, then AT&T). I processed my phone upgrade to an iPhone 14, on their app, then later called them with other questions on my account. I come to find out they have a “loyalty program” and I would get $500 off my upgrade. Well the discount can’t be applied through the app, can’t be applied after I used the app to upgrade and can only be done by a person over the phone, not even in store. I now have to return the new upgraded phone that just arrived, so they can cancel the upgrade I processed and and reprocess the upgrade and THEN give me the discount over the phone; which is going to take 2+ weeks. They don’t publicize this discount and don’t really care about the fact that customers have no clue it exists. Very poor customer service experience, it’s ridiculous that you treat a customer of over 2 decades like this and make them jump through hoops to get something they’ve earned.

ACE - Sage

• 

107.3K Messages

4 months ago

The Loyalty team is not a given. They don't always have discounts or deals available. Just because you got one this time does not mean you're going to get one next time and it's not always because you've been a long time AT&T customer. You just happen to get lucky. I don't see anything "poor" about the customer service you received.

• 

2 Messages

4 months ago

Having worked in customer service for 10 years and handling complaints on behalf of the company’s CEO, I respectfully disagree with your position. If my account is eligible for a discount on an upgrade, that should be made known to me prior to my completion of that upgrade. I shouldn’t have to speak to a certain someone to even be made aware of a $500 savings. The fact that I have to return an iPhone 14 I just got, so they can even issue the credit on a different iPhone 14, is poor service as it’s an inconvenience to a long standing customer. At no point did I ever say every customer is entitled to this discount, but if they are, their account should clearly say so before the customer processes their upgrade at full price.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.