Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
tmoguy's profile

1 Message

Monday, April 15th, 2024 3:50 PM

Phone disconnected and long time number quarantined...

ATT,

My Father In Law, who is a multi years customer of ATT, recently lost his wife of 62 years. He went by ATT Store to upgrade his phone and turn his wifes phone off. Somewhere in the mixup with the ATT rep, both phones were disconnected. He has had this number for a LOT of years and it being disconnected during this time of hardship is posing some serious hardship on him. He is 82 years old and there are years worth of friends and contacts who are unable to reach him during this time of grief.

Is there some way you can help get his original number back assigned to his phone?

Please reach out to me at the below email

Thanks,

Steve Nall on behalf of my FIL Ed McLean

Accepted Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

35.6K Messages

1 month ago

I'm sorry for your family's loss.  Support is not going to be able to do anything about this, though. Create an FCC complaint online and an escalation department will contact you, typically within a day or two.  I'm not certain they can do anything about this particular issue, but it's likely your only possible route.

ACE - Expert

• 

32.3K Messages

1 month ago

AT&T does not do support by email and this is a public forum of other customers.

He will need to call customer support to see about getting service reconnected on that line.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.8K Messages

1 month ago

Meanwhile, could you help your father-in-law. His account and phone number may be gone but the contact list is still on his phone. You can go through his contact list with him and inform people of a new number, or to contact him via email.  

My 87-year-old mother doesn't really do cell phones as much as she does email anyway. It does speak to that generation. 

Very sorry for your family's loss.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.