Announcements

For the latest on our response to Coronavirus (COVID-19), click here.

• 

2 Messages

Wed, Feb 26, 2020 4:56 AM

Phone broke - no deals plus told wrong information from customer service

On Sunday my Galaxy S7 stopped working by a continuous reboot. I called AT&T and after finding out what I have to pay for insurance deductible I decided to upgrade the two lines on my account. I talked to a rep and was told a price that i would pay, including taxes after going by previous. So I had a good idea about what I would be paying. I clarified with her because I said I didn't want any surprises on my bill. She said that's what I'll be paying per month and even brought up that the lines are recorded to offer proof I guess. So I was supposed to get a call back the next morning and never did. I called customer service. After being on the phone for a couple of hours with numerous people, lastly a person from the loyalty department I got nowhere but a quote for either $215 per month and $256 per month (for the same phone but by two different people). Today I go to start as a new customer and get the same 2 phones and its only $150 per month. Plus taxes on all the amounts. Has anybody ever had conflicting information like that? I don't understand why they only give the cheaper rates to new customers. I figured they would want to keep the ones they already have happy.

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

72K Messages

a month ago

unless you were purchasing iPhones you are not going to get any deals on the current Samsung phones.

Any deals from loyalty are gone the minute you hang up the phone. Sorry, but any deals from regular reps are fiction.

The only way you're going to get a deal on a brand new phone is to change carriers.

🐾 I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

“Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part” 🆘 Dont expect normal any time soon.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

a month ago

What loyalty offered me I couldn't even consider a deal. I guess switching carriers is my only option. I wished AT&T valued their current customers by offering deals. It seems like they only care about attracting new customers by offering deals to them. Or asking current customers to add lines. After being with AT&T for over 12 years, I wish I could feel like they wanted to keep me, but it doesn't seem like it.
GLIMMERMAN76

ACE - Expert

• 

19.2K Messages

@tdaniels88 rinse and repeat with the next carrier. The carrier are only giving things away to attract new customers.

You can get a deal on the s20 but just not thru ATT.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
AT&T TV – All Your Entertainment In One Spot.  Learn more…