Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

• 

2 Messages

Sun, Jan 19, 2020 1:23 AM

Phishing From AT&T Mexico? How to let AT&T Know Wrong Email???

I occasionally get emails in Spanish (which I can't read) from AT&T Mexico (sender's address ends in att.com.mx). All I can make out in the mail is AT&T and some sort of balance due. This is either Phishing or my email is incorrectly associated with an AT&T Mexico customer (apparently in the retail storefronts they sign up new customers and let them provide any email without verifying they actually own it by way of verification link etc.). I've already forwarded it to abuse@att.net but is there any other measures I can take to stop getting these annoying mails? I mean I can take care of it on my end by setting up a rule to delete future mails unread from this address but it would be nice if you had a way to inform AT&T they have a wrong email for their customer?

Responses

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

34.5K Messages

a month ago

Unfortunately, no, there is no way to let ATT know they have the wrong email or maybe it’s more accurate to say it does no good telling them you are getting email for someone else’s account. It is up to the account owner to ensure they have the right email address on their account.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

@sandblaster Thank you!