Find the perfect gift for the grad in your life with Graduation gifts that connects us from AT&T.
Need help understanding your bill?
TheGekkoGuy's profile

1 Message

Thursday, April 11th, 2024 7:32 AM

Paid to upgrade my plan to allow me to text and call internationally. Now I’m international and can’t text or call.

So a few days ago I went to an AT&T store and they upgraded my account to allow international texts and calls, and I specifically asked them if this meant I’d have service in the UK, and they told me yes. Now I’m unable to text or call anyone and I’m in the middle of a London airport. I’m very unsure why it seems nothing is working. 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.6K Messages

1 month ago

There is no such thing ? ? 😯.  What sort of change in your plan did you make?

Are you postpaid or prepaid?

If you are a prepaid customer you have to add the $35 add-on to your monthly prepaid plan.  Since the United Kingdom is one of the covered areas, you should be able to log into your prepaid account, add the international roaming add-on and pay $35 for one week's worth of service.  

If you switched from prepaid to postpaid, you would be able to roam eventually but depending on your credit worthiness they may not allow you to roam for 60 days on a brand new postpaid account. 

And they would automatically add international day pass which charges $10 per day So that you can use your service outside of the United States.   

You also have to travel with a compatible device. The cheap Android phones sold for AT&T prepaid do not have bands that will work in Europe Asia etc.  

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

14.3K Messages

1 month ago

Do you have any blocks of international roaming on your phone? Did you take your phone off airplane mode when you landed?

Also, AT&T doesn't provide service in the UK, so you're at the mercy of whatever provider you're connecting to and they might just have bad service in that location.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.