Announcements
Don’t miss your chance to add AT&T Protect Advantage. Peace of mind, starting at $15 per month. Open enrollment ends 3/31. See all protection plans.

• 

1 Message

Sat, Jan 25, 2020 4:31 AM

Paid off phone

I bought phone with at& T paid all my bills and the phone says IMEI doesn't match number yet dailed *#06# as directed. Extracted IMEI and dailed 3times but same msg. It's frustrating since customer service say go do it online.

Responses

lizdance40

ACE - Sage

• 

70.3K Messages

a month ago

Has the phone been used on AT&T for a minimum of 14 days? Has your account been open at least 60 days? (Or 6 months on prepaid?)
Was the phone ever replaced with insurance or warranty?

If none of that rings a bell, file an FCC complaint online and someone from AT&T will contact you.

🐾 (The following is included after all posts to save typing) I don’t work for AT&T. My replies are based on experience and reading content available on the website. Our answers are honest, but not always appreciated. If you posted personal information, please edit and remove.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
mobilemax

Employee

• 

796 Messages

a month ago

Hello,

This can be a number of things, from wrong IMEI in account, or if phone was swapped during time and replacement IMEI is different form original on account. Go to att.com/deviceunlock to place request. If you continue with issues, you can get help with these one off errors, by dialing (Phone number hidden) and say “unlock” when prompted for reason for call. The representative cannot unlock it for you, but assist with site and put in a ticket if it’s a genuine issue that can’t be resolved in automated system.

(edited)

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.