Our Community Forums will be closing on June 27, 2024. Please visit att.com/support for all your support needs.
Need help understanding your bill?
whatshescreams's profile

3 Messages

Tuesday, May 14th, 2024 10:05 AM

Closed

over 2 For over 2 weeks now been in local store 6 days

For over 2 weeks now been in local store 6 days . while most the time there I spent on phone with customer service and support. My samsung 21 fe will now only work on 5g networks . it worked fine at home for years now I have no service 80 percent of places I go. Hoping more help here seeing how telephone reps have not a clue  how to fix. We have reset networks mutiple times and factory reset . BUt still nothing, this one doenst have 5g setting in the mobile network settings , only access names and network  operators but none of these will allow to change 5g only. was wanting the fold phone so bad but seeing how this happened and they want me to pay 150 down after they basically took my prepaid money this last month and not have service and use of it , while they know I had problems with phone service would no refund my my money or even offer a better deal for fold phone to keep me a happy custome r and where I switch back to contract phone service with them. which I was a for of 10 year prior to change e to [prepaid couple year back.anyway please helo someone

ACE - Expert

• 

35.9K Messages

1 month ago

Having a phone that works is your responsibility.  AT&T will continue to bill you whether your phone works or not, unless you cancel your service.  Your phone is old enough that it is out of warranty.  If you have been paying Asurion for insurance, then you should be able to pay the deductible and get the phone repaired/replaced under that insurance.  You can try to hound Samsung to repair the device, due to having a general defect that your phone shares with a lot of others; others have gone that route with varying degrees of success. 

But... the point I'm trying to make is that AT&T feels no responsibility for the health of your phone; that's between you and Samsung.

ACE - Sage

• 

118.3K Messages

1 month ago

My first suggestion whenever a phone is not working properly is to try a different unlocked phone with your SIM card to see if the problem follows the phone, or follows the SIM card.  

That should tell you whether the problem is the phone in which case it's time to replace it, upgrade or insurance.   Or if the phone works fine with a different SIM card, there's something wrong with the provisioning on your line, the SIM card itself may need to be replaced If the same problem occurs in a different phone.  

Or maybe the network situation in your area has changed and it's time to switch to a different service provider.

All of which is entirely on you the customer to make choices. 

3 Messages

1 month ago

well i have new sim card and still have the problem., I had update when this started. So you would think at&t could of told me something besides they dontt know but also i don't think its working then updated then problems . I do think they should of suggested another phone but they acted like oh well we think that will fix it and i'm not the only one who has had this with this phone. think if atat would not stop the feature to switch from 5g to 4g in mobile networks it wouldn't happen. Still think could do better and tro the one who thinks I should of known  it was phone and just been ok with that . Hope every time you have something not work right like your tv ,fridge,car etc.... you just replace it . Such a smart thing to say your a genius. not sure but guessing you work there and instead of trying to see what's wrong.  Let's get me in more debt is the smart thing to do .

3 Messages

1 month ago

Update the phone works fine now its on verizon network. Plus they said due to promblems with  atat sending me a free fold phone. so yes switching providers is the best option.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.9K Messages

1 month ago

I thought he said Samsung 22Ultra, not 21FE.  I've not heard of any huge amount of issues with the 21FE (and I hope I don't... I've got two in the house).

ACE - Sage

• 

118.3K Messages

1 month ago

Professors Snape and McGonagall, I think we have a you know what in the dungeon.  🙄

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.