Need help understanding your bill?
onebyone1958's profile

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, August 29th, 2021 6:23 PM

Order Cancelled "Couldn't Verify the Order Really Came From You"

This past Thursday at 10 PM EST I placed a wireless order. Right after I placed the order I received an email asking me to scan a copy of my ID (front & back) which I did. I made several phone calls and was told several different reason why this was happening - none of which were in the least bit accurate. 

This Sunday afternoon I received an email stating that my order has been cancelled. "We couldn't verify this order really came from you". That's funny because I sent this information as requested. 

The email also stated "Let us help you reorder your item(s). Visit an AT&T store. Be sure to bring your identification.
Due to COVID-19, masks and social distancing guidelines will be in effect while we help you.Well that's problematic for several reasons mainly for the fact the area I live in is having a Covid-19 spike and there is no way I am going into a store. 

Did I mention I had been an AT&T Wireless customer for several years and was planning on coming back ?

Former Employee

• 

32.9K Messages

3 years ago

I could scan my wife’s ID when I’m ordering something. Bottom line you go into a store to confirm your identity or your order stays cancelled. 

Teacher

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

To answer "Constructive"'s comment: Simple solution - do a less than 5 minute Zoom call.

I have never been asked to do this before by AT&T. Ever. I spoke to a another person in c/s and explained the situation. She said she understood however I need to come into the store. You can do everything else online - order groceries, have telemed visits, work from home. But AT&T wants me to take a gamble with my life for smartphone. No thank you.

You have lost loyal customer. 

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

3 years ago

You can also place AT&T orders online. Unfortunately in your case, security prevented the order from processing. 

Since you weren't with AT&T, you weren't even a customer, let alone a "loyal" customer. In fact, since you had left AT&T, you could say you were just the opposite, especially since you apparently aren't "loyal" to you current provider. 

If you do not feel comfortable visiting a store right now (can't blame you there), just wait until thing get better and switch then .

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

What about when you go into the store, show your ID, place the orders again, and again you get the same cancellation emails (insultingly enough again asking you to go the store and show your ID)?

ACE - Expert

• 

14.2K Messages

2 years ago

Something's amok, obviously. Personally, I'd just find a different provider. If you want to spend more time trying AT&T, you can file a BBB complaint. 

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Well we've been paying monthly for the ability to upgrade and not keep paying on current phones, so we'd be essentially throwing all that spent money away. (Granted if they drag this out long enough we will anyways.) And I've been with AT&T since 'Cingular' became AT&T. Went to the store again, this time with passport in case that was the issue and again cancelled overnight, again advising bringing ID to store. Had tweaked some profile settings in attempt to facilitate and reordered online a couple times, and one at store stated something about apparently 1 or 2 of those orders being 'flagged as fraud?' Hard to understand how again placing orders that were cancelled, after addressing potentially contributory measures, could be 'fraud.' And of course when they send the cancellation notices and until I have to go to work no one is available by phone or chat. My inclination is to chat with someone when next I can, as they don't seem able/willing to do anything in the store except again place the orders which are then again cancelled overnight; they seemed to think that my giving my passcode to someone at AT&T Global Security over their phone as a part of the process would help but it hasn't either time. I would guess this 'fraud flag' would have some half-life. Funny the case, screen protectors and chargers are due to arrive from Apple today. Wondering if they'll be obsolete by the time we finally get the phones.

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

the same thing just happened to me I paid 500 to upgrade and they canceled my order with no explanation they just want to upsell you I'm not having it! These companies think were stupid 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.