Need help understanding your bill?
Kiddeokee's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Monday, December 21st, 2009 5:00 PM

Closed

On family plan, How can I get MY name on my phone instead of hubby's?

My Hubby was so sweet and bought me an iPhone for Christmas and put me on his ATT account. (I was on Verizon prior.) I love the iPhone... but when I make a call, my husband's name shows up on the caller ID of the person I am calling (instead of my name.) This is how it shows up on our account information on Att.COM as well. We have 2 phones, both withsame name.

If I get my husband to call ATT, can they easily change the first name on the iphone to my name instead of his name?  His phone is already in his name.

Many thanks!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Moderator

• 

1.2K Messages

14 years ago

Kiddeokee wrote:

My Hubby was so sweet and bought me an iPhone for Christmas and put me on his ATT account. (I was on Verizon prior.) I love the iPhone... but when I make a call, my husband's name shows up on the caller ID of the person I am calling (instead of my name.) This is how it shows up on our account information on Att.COM as well. We have 2 phones, both withsame name.

If I get my husband to call ATT, can they easily change the first name on the iphone to my name instead of his name?  His phone is already in his name.

Many thanks!

Thank you for taking the time to post your inquiry; I see that the members have provided you with some assistance. As kdfederer states, you can contact customer service at 800-331-0500 or 611 from your wireless device to have this corrected; however I would like to add that customers can now log into myWireless Account to change the User Name assigned to each mobile number on their account. The name that is entered will update the biller and will begin showing on caller ID's up to 24 hours later. To change a User Name via myWireless Account please do the following:

1. Log into myWireless Account

2. Select My Profile

3. Select the User Information Tab

4. For FamilyTalk & multi-line accounts use the drop down menu at the top of the tab to select the User (wireless number) to edit. Scroll to the Primary User section for that number and edit the Name fields as desired. Repeat these two steps for other mobile numbers on the account, if desired.

5. Select Save Changes. A confirmation of the change will be sent to the Account Level email address on file.

Message Edited by WirelessForeman on 12-21-2009 10:20:00 AM

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

14 years ago

That's strange, I don't own an iphone but I would imagine that the name of the person that showed up in the phone would be what they have you stored on in their contacts

ACE - Expert

• 

13.1K Messages

14 years ago

It takes a call to customer service to have the caller id changed. It is a simple fix but sometimes customer service can be a pain.Have your husband call since it is his account. He should have the caller id set up that way when he signed up for service. 

It can also be done at the store.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

14 years ago

For cell phone to cell phone, it is no problem. People have me saved as my old number and all is fine. The only problem is when I call a HOME phone line, with caller ID. My husbands name shows up on the caller ID box instead of My name. This is because ATT has both phones under his name in their system. Wondering what can be done to change this. I don't want my husband to waste time calling for something that cant be changed. I don't think I can call since I am just an add on to the account.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

14 years ago

Thanks KD, We will stop in the store sometime.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

14 years ago

Thanks so much for the online instructions. I have changed it. I will now confuse my mother&father in-law much less. (They were confused by this.)

Professor

• 

1.4K Messages

14 years ago

also, anyone that you called in the past may have to clear their caller id log, so it shows your name instead of your husbands, even after you changed it....

Guru

• 

982 Messages

14 years ago

You can also log into the OLAM online account manager & update the user name for your line & that will also update the caller ID name for your line which takes @ least 24hrs to go into full reoslution!!!

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

14 years ago

@PhoneScoop wrote:
@you can also log into the OLAM online account manager & update the user name for your line & that will also update the caller ID name for your line which takes @ least 24hrs to go into full reoslution!!!

That's what WirelessForeman said. I can't help but wonder if there is some kind of screening process, as it seems the potential for abuse would be easy. It think this is a nice feature added, but it wiped out what I had previously set up for my ids through technical support. It should also be noted that it doesn't appear exactly like in OLAM, it reverses the names if you have a first and last entered.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.