Skip to main content
AT&T Community Forums
Announcements
The epic new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G is available for preorder now!
R

• 

2 Messages

Fri, Nov 27, 2020 7:56 PM

Not happy!

I'm a customer with over 15 years of  giving AT&T my business. But not much longer. If I could give a rating of less than poor, I would.

I received an offer from customer loyalty, (ironic) for an iPhone XR @ $49.99

I took 2. Then my bill appears without a $25.00 discount that I was always getting, on those 2 lines, .

After speaking with a few reps and a Mgr., they claimed that since I took a 2 year commitment on these phones, I lose the discount! There is nothing they can do. REALLY? No one told me that, when I ordered the phones. No mention of losing any discount! I never would have agreed to that.

So I have to pay an additional $50.00+ tax,  each month, for two years.

That comes to over $1200.00

So, I did not get a deal, and actually paying more for the phones than they're worth, over the course of 2 years. This is an underhanded business practice and AT&T should be called out on this. I'm returning the phones and looking for a new carrier. This is how a customer for over 15 years, gets treated!

p.s. – when you try to check the service agreement that you “virtually” signed, it’s not available. The message, “you already signed the agreement” appears. How about that!

Responses

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

46K Messages

2 months ago

You must have a very old plan. That “out of contract” discount was discontinued on plans several plans ago. The loyalty rep should have known and warned you about losing the discount but you should have known too. Returning the phones won’t work. For one thing, you own them, not sure why you would want to return them. You will still get hit with an early termination fee if you terminate service. You might as well price out current plans and consider switching to one of them. They will certainly be cheaper than continuing to pay for your current plan without the discount.

Award for Community Excellence 2020 Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

1 Message

2 months ago

After 47 years with AT&T, we are cutting the cord. Without going into a long drawn out explanation, we were lied to by AT&T reps TWICE while attempting to upgrade our phones. Our 4 new iphone 12 pro verizon phones arrive on Tuesday. Can't wait.

• 

2 Messages

2 months ago

Yes, I probably do have an old plan, but nonetheless, if a discount is being removed, I should be informed. I have 14 days to return the phones, so I really don't own them.

sandblaster

ACE - Expert

• 

46K Messages

2 months ago

Yes, you have 14 days to return. Since you said you already got a bill, I figured you were past the 14 days. If you return the phones, theoretically they should cancel the contract and reinstate the discount.

*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
MicCheck

ACE - Expert

• 

9.4K Messages

2 months ago

Yes, you definitely should be told, but with that being so old, it’s possible (even probable) the rep didn’t work for AT&T when the out of contract discount was a thing and had no idea. You should have also been aware that when agreeing to a contract that you would lose the discount. 

If you are still in the 14 days, you can still return the phones and get that discount back. That said, you should still compare what you are paying to the new plans. Since plans and pricing change, it’s always a good idea to check occasionally. 

Get started...

Ask a new question